Product Owner – London
We’re on the cusp of delivering something that has the potential to change the world. Are you ready to make history in an industry that is at the cutting edge of innovation?
OneWeb’s mission is to enable Internet access for everyone, everywhere. To fulfill our mission, OneWeb is revolutionizing the satellite industry and building a global communications network with a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide connectivity to people around the world. To achieve our ambitious goals, we need to have the right technical systems, products, and tools in place to support us. Our digital products will be the tools that we need to have in place to help us become the world’s largest and first truly global communications network. Our aim is to be the easiest company to do business with!
The program of work for establishing the BSS/OSS capability is sponsored by the CIO, who has responsibility for driving the implementation and ongoing management of all the core technology systems and processes for running the customer, product, and service lifecycle.
In order to deliver the breadth of technical capability needed to have a successful business launch, we have split our program into multiple delivery portfolios each consisting of one or more Digital Products. Our Product Owners will deliver a clear set of capabilities across one of 14 such digital products. Our agile ways of working allow us to react quickly to changing needs, competition, and tactics to ensure we stay ahead of the curve.
Our Product Owners act as the bridge between our commercial organization and technical delivery. They collaborate closely with Agile PMs, technical architects, and other Product Owners to ensure that we meet our quarterly delivery cadence.
Translate the business strategy and expected capabilities into features, epics, and stories for the digital product backlog.
Develop and manage the product backlogs for agile releases.
Build deep understanding of business requirements, personas, user journeys, business processes, and customer experience.
Leverage knowledge of connected industries to design domain models that are simple to understand, highly functional, and simple to manage.
Bring the Digital First, Cloud First and Agile mindset to coach key stakeholders to problem solve in a way that reduces solution complexity and builds scalability.
Drive adherence to industry standards to reduce bespoke work and ease upgrades.
Ensure the quality of the delivered solution meets requirements.
· Meet alpha, beta, customer trials, and commercial launch milestones with capabilities that make OneWeb the easiest company to do business with!
· Build a first class, easily communicated, and well understood digital product roadmap.
· Create a highly usable, simple, and responsive experience that can be built using Agile techniques in an incremental manner.
· Achieve a defect-free and reliable orchestration of business processes that make it easy for our customers to do business with us.
Required Skills and Experience:
· Strong track record in a product owner role, working in distributed scaled agile teams.
· Successful B2B or B2C product management experience.
· An agile mindset with willingness to learn and adapt quickly to changing priorities.
· Excellent stakeholder engagement, management and consulting skills to draw out the real business impacting needs and prioritise into the product roadmap.
· Pragmatism to collaborate and define items of most value and build a roadmap to deliver rich and usable capability in the quickest possible time.
· Ideally, technology and process transformation experience in telecommunications, or across a variety of different sectors