Are you interested in building the next generation of Internet services that touches millions of people across the globe every day? This is an excellent opportunity for you to join Rakuten!
Rakuten is a leading E-commerce company globally. Our mission is to contribute to society by creating value through innovation and entrepreneurship.
We are looking for a very experienced and highly passionate Product Manager to develop our cloud services in the IT infrastructure department. The role requires to understand customer requirements to create the correct product offerings, and to collaborate with managers in numerous to ensure the company strategy and vision are aligned.
In the Cloud Platform Department (CPD), we aim to build and maintain robust infrastructure platform solutions that enable and empower Rakuten’s businesses around the world.
Depending on the assignment, you’ll have opportunities to involve different internal stakeholders and oversee development teams to make our services successful. If you are technically-minded with exceptional soft skills and have a passion for making awesomeness happen, this might be the role for you.
- Define the product strategy and road map
- Define objectives, KPIs and successes of the product and help everyone involved in the project stay focused
- Collaborates with business planning, and ensures business strategy and product strategy are aligned
- Ensures the delivery of the product area portfolio
- Develop good communication between stakeholders’ requirements to create the correct product offerings, and collaborate with managers in a number of levels to ensure the company strategy and vision are aligned
Examples or products you might be assigned to
- Common Web Application Firewall service for all internal services deployed around the world
- Infrastructure deployment and upgrade orchestration service to couple each infrastructure service’s automation together
- Health Dashboard so that infrastructure service users can see at a glance current and past issues
- 3+ years of experience in product management, product planning with a steady progression of taking on roles with increasing responsibility
- Demonstrated ability to launch products with physical infrastructure and make them grow
- Understanding of networking fundamentals, DNS, routing
- Understanding of cybersecurity principles.
- Understand API-first approach to building products
- Aware of infrastructure technology trends, and the current public cloud ecosystem
- In love with customers and passionate about developing relationships with stakeholders
- Use hypothesis-driven approach to tackle complex problems
- A leader who brings people together and turn ideas into action by setting priorities and driving clarity and focus even in ambiguous situations.
- Outstanding communicator verbally and in writing for any level of an organization who is able to give top-notch presentations
- Creative strategic thinker who can identify new product and business opportunities and develop actionable plans to take advantage of those opportunities
- Strong sense of ownership and operating autonomously
- Experience with large scale, distributed infrastructure technologies in the areas of:
- Container Orchestration (Like Kubernetes, Docker, CoreOS)
- Service Mesh and Tracing (Like istio, jaegar, kiali)
- Centralized Logging (Like ElasticSearch, Logstash, Kibana)
- Centralized Metrics (Like Prometheus, Grafana)
- Storage and Big Data (Like Ceph, Hadoop)
- Knowledge of DevOps principles and Agile development practices, tools, and methodologies:
- Development tools and workflows using git, pull requests
- CI/CD with tools like Jenkins
- Deployment strategies such as blue green, canary, rolling
- Experience in an EC company
- Experience with Web Development or UI/UX Design
- Experience in DevOps, Site Reliability Engineering, or equivalent field
- Project Management skills
- PMP/PMI certifications will be considered as an advantage