We are building a bank that will change banking and the way people manage their money forever. This is no idle claim. Whilst we tell the world that we are building the world’s best current account, it will stretch the boundaries of what most people could possibly imagine.
Earlier this year we announced our latest funding round of US$70m and now we are scaling up to deliver on our promises.
Whilst there are FinTechs, challenger banks and me-too’s out there, Starling is in a category of one. You won’t find us trying to fit into anyone else’s image of what banking or tech start-up should look like. That’s why we are looking for someone that’s also in a category of one. You will love creating elegant products for customers, and as such you may not come from a banking background. You love your existing job but the opportunity to change something as important as how people manage their money is too exciting to say no to.
What we are looking for …
– You’ll need to have a lot of experience as a designer of digital products. We want you to be a maker, experimenter, finisher and problem solver.
– 3+ years of experience delivering innovative results in digital including experience in mobile and app user experience design.
– Possess a portfolio full of beautiful, well thought out interface work that showcases your flair and attention-to-detail. Must include examples of mobile and app products you have worked on (iOS and Android).
– Be an expert in process flow development, journey mapping, system architecture auditing and design.
– Understand how interface design, visual language and branding are integral parts of the user experience.
– Clear ability to make complex ideas simple to understand and easy to use as a customer.
– Have worked as a full stack product designer, taking responsibility for all aspects of the user experience
– Passionate about user research and testing.
– Have enthusiasm and credibility that will inspire and lead the other designers.
– Excellent communication and time management skills are essential.
– Expert skill set with Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), Sketch, Prototyping Tools e.g Marvel, Invision, Wireframing tools.
– Experience of native iOS/Android development.