Founded: 2015 (5 years old) – HQ in London.
Revenues: £1.5m run rate with 250% year on year growth
Funding to date: ~£6m in equity & grant funding.
Industry: Predictive analytics, Tech for good, IoT, Social Housing, Property Tech
Location: Kings Cross, London
At Switchee, we believe that everyone deserves to live in a decent home and that the environments we inhabit have a massive influence on our ability to enjoy life and prosper. One in five households in the UK live in social housing, a sector with the right values at its core but that has historically struggled to deploy innovations in the home. We believe that radical innovation in internet-connected technology can ensure that every resident, every day, is living in a home that allows them to succeed.
This approach led us to reimagine the most mundane household object, a thermostat, into a product that reduces energy bills, looks great and offers control to those who want it. We are also revolutionizing the way social landlords manage their housing stock with an obsessively tailored SaaS property dashboard and handy alerts on things like when the boiler is going to break.
Our next project is to build the ultimate connected hub for the social home. It’s going to revolutionize the way residents interact with their properties and landlords manage their homes.
About the Role
Role: Product Lead, Switchee Ltd
Reporting to: CEO or CPO (when hired)
Contract: Permanent, Full-time
Switchee operates a small, close-knit team with a big job to do so you’ll be expected to roll-up your sleeves and get stuck in! As Product Lead you will have responsibility for product direction across:
1) our B2B SaaS cloud analytics product that serves our landlord customers.
2) our connected hardware and embedded software – installed in 1000s of UK homes
3) our internal device management and support platforms
Whilst you will have oversight of all three areas, your main focus will be our B2B SaaS proposition. Over time, you will help us to grow the product team to have a dedicated PM for each area.
You will be required to surface the needs of our landlord customers using our platform and residents using our in home devices. You will identif ways to quickly test hypotheses, and prioritising the successful hypotheses for development into our product. Further, you will have a broad ranging remit to assist the CPO in creating the best product culture possible, including how we make tradeoffs, how we allocate resources, how we organise teams, who and how we hire, and what new (light-touch) processes you think will contribute to our sustained growth.
You will work closely with our customers, CTO, CPO and Head of Customer Success, as well as other internal stakeholders to: build consensus around product direction; set product objectives; deliver the product to meet those objectives; and ultimately consolidate learnings and repeat.
● Deeply understanding all of our customer and stakeholders’ needs, and represent them to the business;
● Own product direction for all product areas (hardware, firmware, internal device management tools, and B2B SaaS cloud proposition);
● Refine product/market fit for our SaaS cloud proposition;
● Define and measure the metrics that will help us understand our progress towards product/market fit;
● Direct and influence the product roadmap and associated processes (e.g. fielding and prioritising new hypotheses, running monthly product boards and retrospectives, etc.);
● Working closely with the engineering team on delivery, and on improving delivery methods – this will be a player-coach role
● Collaborate with Customer Success to implement and iterate on new features;
● Hiring, line-managing, coaching and mentoring the product team;
● Building strong cross-functional relationships to execute on your strategy without having direct authority;
● Creating a product- and outcome-focused culture throughout the organisation;
Required skills and experience:
We’re looking for 5+ years of previous experience of building a cloud, B2B product, ideally with some knowledge of social housing / energy / sustainability.
● Highly numerate with strong critical reasoning skills (one way this may be demonstrated is with a degree in one of these subjects: Computer Science, Maths, Physics, Engineering, Statistics, Economics);
● Experience with technically involved B2B SaaS products;
● Minimum 5 years product management experience including 1-2 years leading multiple product teams; A working knowledge of good UI and UX principles
● Strong technical and commercial understanding with an ability to prioritise among infrastructure investments, reducing technical debt, resolving bugs, and building new features;
● Experience managing a product through its entire life cycle, including discovery, specification, prototyping, launch, and iteration and sunsetting;
● Excellent at prioritising the use of limited resources for maximum effect;
● Excellent listening, communication and persuasion skills;
● Proven ability to quickly get up to speed on a complicated domain;
● Strong data analytics skills, incl. SQL at a minimum.
Desirable skills and experience:
● Experience in IoT;
● Experience in B2C hardware and/or firmware;
● Experience in product design/collaborating with product designers;
● Knowledge of the housing sector.
Life at Switchee
We like to keep things simple and flexible at Switchee. We don’t track holidays so you’re free to take as much as you need. We occasionally work remotely but are sensitive to the needs of our colleagues.
We socialise together with regular outings in London and an annual “working remotely” trip abroad where you have the option (but no obligation) to join us in working from a fun location for a week (this year we went to Spain).
If we end up working together, we can offer a competitive salary and a generous stake in the company.
If you believe in the same things, don’t hesitate, apply now!