TES Global is a fast-growing and digital education company committed to supporting teaching and learning. TES Global has been supporting our educators worldwide for over 100 years. Our mission to help improve performance and standards in education by both supporting the world’s teachers with a portfolio of tailored digital services and by providing the world’s most respected higher education data and analysis. We are home to the world’s largest online community of teachers, with 7.9 million registered users, and the Times Higher Education World University Rankings.
These are just a few facets of what TES Global does. For more information on TES Global please visit www.tesglobal.com/what-we-do
Basic Scope & Primary Objectives
Define and build the future of our teaching resource marketplace. Improve the lives of millions of teachers.
• Manage all aspects of designing and delivering our marketplace product to our customers, including our free resource library, transactional premium library, lesson and curation tools, and subscription products.
• Partner with small teams of designers and developers to ship product in small, fast iterations.
• Walk in the shoes of our teachers though online and in-person interviews, user testing, surveying, and other qualitative and quantitative methods.
• Write strategy briefs, high-level plans and timelines, and detailed implementation specs, maintaining a keen sense of when prototypes, sketches, and personal communication trump formal documentation.
• Balance short- and long-term priorities that drive teacher engagement, author success, marketplace commercial health, and content / SEO strategy.
• Communicate product development status to internal stakeholders and customers.
• Collaborate closely with content, marketing, data, and commercial teams to understand internal requirements.
• Identify long-term market opportunities and trends working with TES Digital leadership to evaluate build/buy decisions.
• 5 years + building online consumer products
• Multiple successful product launches in your recent career
• Passion for great design and keen eye to detail
• Exceptional listening and communication skills
• Demonstrated experience in lean product development teams and agile development practices
• Strong grounding in and love of data: measuring online consumer behavior, funnel and conversion tracking, A/B testing
• Ability to work closely with engineers and designers both in London and San Francisco
• Mobile product experience desirable
• Interest in Edtech desirable
TES Global’s values
Collaborative and resourceful across teams and locations
Great things happen when we work together to develop and deliver the best education; when we are able to deal skillfully and quickly with new challenges in the fast moving world of digital education and technology. We succeed by utilising the different skills and experiences of our teams across our global locations.
Passionate about education and teachers
We‘re dedicated to helping teachers, schools, universities and students to make a difference through education. We proudly put educators at the heart of everything we do and play an active and positive role at the heart of the global education community.
Fast moving and flexible
We value our print heritage, but we’re excited about our digital future. We’re open to change, embracing new ideas, technologies and innovative ways of working so that we can help educators everywhere raise global teaching standards.
Well-informed and focused
This applies to both our business and our journalism. We move quickly, but we make well-informed decisions about what will best help our business and customers flourish. We challenge ourselves to support educators and universities with the most insightful data, news and analysis every day.
Respectful and open minded
We treat people as we would like to be treated ourselves – with dignity and courtesy. We are sociable people with a sense of fun, and we warmly welcome everyone who wants to contribute to our business and the world of education.
TES Global relies on the flexibility of its staff to ensure the continuity of the high standards and performance, as such this job description is only intended to be a guide to the most regularly performed duties, it does not form part of the contract of employment and is subject to amendment and change as may be considered.
Please email email@example.com with a copy of your CV as a .doc or pdf. In your email, please introduce yourself and, importantly, don’t just tell us why you want a job like this. Tell us why you want to work with us specifically”