We’re looking for an experienced and empathetic Product Designer to join our London design team. In this role, you’ll work closely with engineering and product, acting as design owner for several of our key initiatives.
We help our customers better understand who they are and where they come from in the world through products which include: family trees, DNA tests, native apps and a search engine.
It’s a unique opportunity for a designer to come to work and solve genuine people problems through design on a daily basis.
It’s also a huge opportunity for an experienced product designer to transform products and a category which is ripe for disruption. As an organisation we’re committed to making sure our product and backlogs are shaped by customer insight (qualitative and quantitative). In this role, you’d be responsible for turning that insight into brilliant products to help our customers create and share rich stories about their ancestry.
- Leading design projects from concept to execution
- Shaping product strategy and vision together with product owners.
- Working with multidisciplinary teams; defining problems and setting the vision for the experience.
- Leading on design standards, improving documentation and design process with the rest of the team.
- Improving consistency of design across all products and platforms.
- Developing and mentoring other members of the team.
- Deep experience designing and shipping impactful products for consumer-facing tech or media companies.
- Outcome-focused, autonomous worker.
- Excellent critical thinking skills.
- You love solving problems and making sure that you are using your time to solve the right problems
- You’re a great communicator, with no problem rationalising your decisions and working in the open.
- You’re an advocate for the design team inside the business and the wider design community.
- You’re a team player who knows how to get the best out of your peers and build consensus with team members and stakeholders.
- You know how to gather and act on customer insight, and you’re happy to let customer feedback drive your design process.
- You have significant experience of building and maintaining design systems
- You’ve shipped web and native products.
About the team:
- We take personal development seriously – there are tracks in our framework to help you explore further as a practitioner or develop management skills.
- We use customer insight and metrics to drive our product roadmap.
- We’re an ambitious, growing team of designers, copywriters and researchers.
- We make jokes – sometimes they’re funny
We’re passionate about making FMP a great place to work and setting people up to succeed. Benefits include:
- 26 days holidays (excluding UK bank holidays)
- Pension contribution match
- Flexible working
- Health and dental cash plan
- Season travel tickets
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
- Access to learning and training opportunities, including going to conferences around the world
- Employee Assistance Programme and on-site Mental Health First Aiders
- Gym membership discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
- Staff discounts
- Monthly company lunches
- Fully stocked kitchen, coffee, soft drinks, breakfast materials and fresh fruit
- Regular social events such as summer parties, Christmas parties, Friday drinks and snacks
- Subscription to Findmypast website
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Due to the high volume of applications anticipated for this role, we regret we are unable to contact you unless you are shortlisted for the selection process.
If you are a recruitment agency, please be aware that we’re not looking for additional assistance with recruitment. Please do not send us CVs. We will not be responsible for fees related to unsolicited CVs.