Jinn App is a startup based in London founded in 2013 by Mario Navarro, León Herrera and Joseba Mendivil. Jinn started operating in Central London 2 years ago and has raised a total of $10M. Through its App, Jinn provides an on-demand delivery service that delivers any product in under an hour. They are now completing over 50K orders a month in that area and are growing over 30% month on month. Jinn differentiates itself as they are able to pick up and deliver anything from local merchants in the city and operates 24/7. Other
competitors are limited to only one vertical or to a small area. Jinn’s customers order on average once every 7 days, which is at least twice as much as regular food delivery services. Jinn has close to 500 partners and expects to double that amount over the next 3 months.
The startup recently expanded to Manchester and are seeing very positive results. Series A was closed on April 2016 for $7.5M led by Samaipata Ventures and subscribed by STE Capital, Elderstreet, Bull Partners and existing angel investors. They want to use the money raised to expand to more cities in the UK and Europe. Read further on TechCrunch!
•• The Position ••
Jinn App is looking for the VP Product of the company, ie the Users Ambassador, the Product Visionary and the Power of Data & Lean Believer, to meet and manage users and business expectations. The position will be based in London. S/he will work directly with the CEO and have the following responsibilities:
• Bring in product vision, owning and leading the strategy and proposition as well as the product roadmap
• Think laterally to create a high performing consumer product that meets user needs and increases user engagement thereby driving revenues
• Provide leadership to drive change, implementing best practice, agile processes and methodologies to develop a strong product culture
• Analyse, prioritise and translate customer needs into succinct business cases and ideas for product development
• Be data driven – improve the company’s mining of user data to provide strong commercial insight to inform decision making
• Obsess over the quality and performance of the digital offering, driving to improve business metrics whilst delivering a simple, engaging product through a beautiful app
• Test ideas and develop a superb UX, whilst continually reporting on performance and identifying areas for improvement
• Develop and manage a solid and experienced team of Product owners and designers
• Work closely with CTO and COO and build strong, collaborative relationships with rest of teams S/he will be member of the Executive Committee.
– Basic requirements –
• A proven track record of delivering significant success, scaling and developing high performing consumer facing digital products that impact business
• Commercial thinking with creative vision; the ability to influence how customers interact online
• Highly analytical mindset with a sharp focus on commercial metrics, making data-driven, insightful decisions to drive the business forward
• A broad skill-set including A/B testing; prototyping; user testing; analytics; UX and UI; market research; competitor analysis; defining metrics
• Sound understanding of relevant technologies and the ability to interface with technologists to explain and explore product concepts
• Excellent communication, presentation and influencing skills at all levels; ability to present complex information in simple terms, potentially to the Board of Directors
• Ability to identify and recruit talent in order to build a strong Product team
• Passion to create better human experiences
• Drive to succeed within one of the most promising startups of Europe!