Evaluate is a B2B provider of commercial intelligence data for the Life Sciences sector. The online presence includes a marketing/public site, containing award-winning industry news, insight and analysis, and thought leadership reports on key trends and developments in the industry. Subscribers use a web-based interface to gain access to commercial intelligence, in the form of reports and data. The subscriber site also offers a number of tools to clients, such as a bespoke report editor, and a peer groups/company group builder.
The company has ambitious growth plans, and will be relaunching its public and subscriber sites in 2016. It is growing its digital platform team, in order to deliver on this ambition, and to ensure that the platform and digital products are scalable to meet future needs.
Evaluate digital products include a public facing news and thought leadership site, a subscriber site, data alerts, charting engine/data visualisation, a database management tool used by the Analysts to create the data structures, and a number of content creation/management tools which will soon be replaced by a new CMS.
The digital product team is recruiting a Digital Product Manager, who will be involved in the initiation and development of a number of key digital products and workstreams. The ideal candidate will have an enthusiasm for getting things done, the drive to deliver significant product improvements, be happy working across many projects, and have a deep understanding of internet technologies and trends.
This role will report into Evaluate’s Product Manager for User Experience.
Evaluate is entering a significant period of growth – after continual and steady financial performance year on year, there will be a significant investment and upscaling of operations in the near future. It’s a great time to join the company.
Digital is at the heart of our growth so you will fulfil a key strategic role in the company, and have the opportunity to make real impact across the organisation.
There is huge potential to carve out the role and career that you want.
The Product Management function is still young, and you can really have your say about how things are done, and help drive that change forwards.
You will have a lot of ownership and independence, working with smart and passionate people.
We offer a competitive package, with an above market average pension, Season ticket travel loan, Group gym discount, Private Medical Cover, Life Assurance, Enhanced Maternity & Paternity and an Employee Assistance Programme.
Purpose of this role:
• Product Management across Evaluate digital products, working with internal business stakeholders and end-clients, to deliver the best possible solutions to meet their needs.
• Product Management of Evaluate internal tools, used by approx. 30 internal users
• Product Owner for implementation of a new CMS, required initially to deliver a MVP of the public facing site, and ultimately for all content creation activities Product Owner for web analytics – working with a 3rd party provider to ensure that the benefits of the insight are delivered from the tool
• Working with the Marketing team, responsible for improving SEO, to ensure that public facing pages and urls are optimised for the highest possible visibility and traction.
• Provide support in the management and delivery of Projects elsewhere in the business
• Create and manage product strategies, roadmaps and backlogs for the websites, and for Evaluate tools (e.g. data visualisation tool, report builder used by internal Analyst team)
• Develop user stories, acceptance criteria, working with engineering and test teams through feature development (internal and potentially 3rd party software teams)
• Create compelling requirements documentation, including concept wireframes or prototypes to communicate ideas (also working with design 3rd party companies)
• Use analytics and insight to inform product development and create solid reasons for change
• Product Owner for CMS
• Product Owner for SEO
• In-house expert on web analytics; work with 3rd party provider to deliver dashboards and statistics insight for internal clients
• When required, develop/commission user guides or presentation training materials
• Set up stakeholder groups, own communication around product responsibilities, deliver powerful presentations
Role Key Responsibilities
• Product Management and development
• Utilisation and implementation of best practice wherever possible (SEO, responsive design, responsive images, content management)
• Development of back end internal user tools (CMS, Charting engine) – proprietary and off-the-shelf
• Management of high quality websites and software products
Skills and Experience required (Essential)
The candidate will have worked in similar roles and positions. They will be able to demonstrate:
• At least 3 years’ experience managing a live website or back-end system(s)
• Knowledge of programming languages, operating systems and internet applications
• In depth knowledge of the web’s latest technologies
• Good understanding of responsive and best practice web design
• Experience of SEO and related technologies and trends
• Experience of CMS implementation and development
• Experience of working with 3rd parties
• Strong experience of stakeholder management
• Deep experience of working with web analytics or statistics
• Experience of agile and waterfall software development lifecycles
• Using software tools to support the management and delivery of projects
• Experience of working with technical teams
• Excellent communication and presenting skills
• Ability to manage own workload and time
• High level of self-motivation
• Project management skills and experience