Work Location: Remote office – US or EMEA
Percona is a leader in providing best-of-breed enterprise-class support, consulting, managed services, training and software for MySQL®, MariaDB®, MongoDB®, PostgreSQL® and other open source databases in on-premises and cloud environments. Discover what it means to work with some of the smartest people in the industry, and help solve some of the most challenging customer problems. We offer flexible hours, competitive salaries, the ability to work remote and the amazing experience of working with a multinational team of experts.
The Senior Outbound Product Manager will be our lead in defining the future of our Percona products and solutions and is ultimately responsible for their success. As the voice of the customer, they will need to understand the market, customer challenges and then be able to clearly articulate market and customer requirements back into the product requirements and roadmap. They are responsible for creating the product vision, overall GTM strategy and then working across the Percona team to successfully deliver.
What You Will Do
· Own the product vision and delivery of the overall GTM strategy and long term product roadmap that satisfies the customer challenges/requirements and changing market dynamics/technologies while uniquely positioning Percona for success.
· Define market opportunity for their product and solution areas. This includes targeting/segmentation of opportunities and markets and collaboration with product marketing managers to analyze new markets
· Be the voice of the customer and help provide context, empathy and rationale behind customer needs. Less “customer wants a feature”, more “they want to solve a problem that helps with…”
· Work with inbound product management, engineering, sales and services counterparts to facilitate well rounded decision making with a bias for action and calculated risks
· Work with Customer Success, Sales, and Marketing to facilitate rapid time to value for our customers and prospects
· 5-7 years of product management experience with enterprise IT software (experience with open source and databases a plus)
· Language skills: English fluently, additional languages appreciated