Doctors are under incredible pressure – to deliver extraordinary levels of patient care – in a field that never stands still. Somehow on top of the long hours the world’s 20 million doctors must stay on top
of new science, products and techniques – all the while building their professional profiles and reputations.
The old way to do this is reading journals, joining associations and several times a year, flying around the world to mega-conferences.
Reachora is a better way. An intelligent community platform where physicians can connect, share and learn in a more efficient, cost-effective and sustainable way.
To build the world’s largest medical community, with the power to enhance the quality of physician’s lives and the lives of their patients.
To get there we can stand on the shoulders of advances already made by the big consumer social media platforms – whilst innovating and research ourselves into the specific needs of the physician community.
Two years old, Reachora is a well-funded and resourced UK and US-based MedTech startup with an impressive leadership line-up. We have just completed a successful and profitable Beta in Cardiology, and are poised for rapid growth, extending our platform and expanding into Oncology and other verticals. We have a content network of 8m+ cardiologists, and our own content platform – https://rutherfordmedicine.com/
This will be Reachora’s first in-house Design hire, and is a key step in bringing Design, UX and UI in-house for the first time. The role will report into our Head of User Experience, who with our Product Director are tasked with building out our brand-new product team and in-house studio.
We already have a super-capable 5-person development team, who have already built our sophisticated custom-built backend. And we have been working with top-class 3rd party product design agencies, but now it’s time to bring design in house and turn our beta into a truly market-leading community platform – across all verticals and devices.
We are also soon to re-brand and re-name the business, and the designer we hire will play a key role in rolling out the new brand both internally and externally – and playing an ongoing brand guardian role.
Your Experience (What we are looking for):
Someone who is passionate and energetic about the role of design in building great user-focused businesses. Someone who has the skills to apply consistent design thinking across multiple forms – from brand identity, to web and mobile UI, to feature development and UX, to communications.
We hope to find someone who thrives in a team environment, and will work well within a multi-disciplinary team of product managers, UX experts and front-end Devs – as well as with marketing and sales people focused on growth opportunities.
Your Responsibilities (Things you’ll be doing)
Your work would be split into 3-areas:
1. Rapid prototyping and developing of client-facing product solutions. We are increasingly a solutions platform for major medical brands and need to develop customized solutions for their campaigns, virtual events and content programs. We need a designer who can help to get work live, in a fast-paced iterative environment that aligns to the client’s brands while efficiently harnessing our platform features.
2. Strategic platform development with the core-Dev team, where we are taking successfully prototyped features into custom build as system features that can be fully scaled and automated. Working with our Product Manager and Head of UX to enable the transition from custom builds to a fully automated platform model.
3. Brand development, where the designer will work alongside our marketing and sales teams to bring our newly launched brand identity and story across a range of touchpoints from comms, to sales, to cultural branding.
Who you are (Your character)
· You should be ambitious and motivated to stamp your personality on the business. You will be working in a fast growing and self-starter culture, with lots of autonomy to establish the culture of design in our thinking.
· You’ll be comfortable bringing new ideas to the table and confidently able to contribute to all design related activities.
· You have great energy and drive to develop and ship live campaigns and new features. You want to see your work impacting real user behavior, and will keep looking for improvements based on what you observe.
· You are openly collaborative. We are building a truly multidisciplinary company culture, straddling medics, developers, data scientists, content makers and commercial teams – as well as digital product experts.
· You thrive in a culture of constant change.
· You are based in Europe
What’s in it for you:
· A chance to join a fast-moving start up, with great backing, in a high-growth and high-value market – but that is also at an early enough stage that you can truly steer the brand and the product from beta to scale, and personally benefit from the success you build.
· This is an ideal opportunity for a talented designer to work hard and grow fast! We are a diverse and experienced team, who will afford you plenty of autonomy, while coaching you to fulfil your potential.
What you’ll receive:
· Competitive Salary
· Company Options scheme to enable you to benefit from an exit or IPO
· 25 days holiday
· Flexible and remote working as required: our team are currently based in London but also the US, Philippines, Scotland, Bulgaria and France.
· When in London, we have a cool, modern office in a co-working space in Paddington, London, with an on-site gym
· Private pension contributions
· Bike-to-Work Scheme
· A chance to build a product, that if successful, will truly enhance the medical care and outcomes of millions of patients all around the world
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.