Opera products enable more than 350 million internet consumers to discover and connect with the content and services that matter most to them, no matter what device, network or location. In turn, we help advertisers reach the audiences that build value for their businesses. Opera also delivers products and services to more than 120 operators around the world, enabling them to provide a faster, more economical and better network experience to their subscribers.
From family photos and funny videos to business ideas that change the world economy, the internet has always been about discovery. Whether you are a consumer getting online for the first time, or a multinational corporation trying to reach the right audience, Opera can help you discover more online.
As Product Director for Opera Mini, you will define the vision and own the roadmap for the most popular of our products – Opera Mini – which is used by over 240 million users, worldwide.
– Own the Opera Mini roadmap.
– Develop core Opera Mini features and improvements.
– Gather and distill requirements from users, support, marketing, and elsewhere; translate these into a cohesive and actionable vision.
– Define and coordinate the creation and analyze the results of A/B tests.
– Compile product feature ideas and create wireframes, PRDs and other illustrations to documents ideas and manage the process of prioritization.
– Communicate product roadmap and release schedules internally and externally.
– Define, monitor and react to precast KPIs.
– Engage closely with the engineering team to determine the best technical solutions and timelines for launches.
– End-to-end product management experience of software/web technologies
– Strong technical background with an intuitive design sense
– Able to execute based on data signals
– Passionate about creating beautiful consumer products and experience building them
– Experienced developing viral features, feature discoverability, social integrations and incorporating game mechanics to engage users
– Entrepreneurial drive
– Balancing of user experience and business/commercial issues
– Understanding the mobile markets in emerging markets
– Understanding of the internet, browsers, search engine, and online advertising spaces.
B.A./B.S. in Computer Science or a related technical field or experience
6-10 years product management or product design experience
The position will be based in one of the following locations: Oslo, Wroclaw, Gothenburg or Linkoping.