We’re Farewill – we build simple, beautiful products to change the way the world deals with death.
We’re looking for an Associate Product Manager to join our growing Product guild.
This role is a unique opportunity to work on real human problems by making a massive difference to how people feel about dying and what it’s like for those left behind. You’ll be part of creating motivational, accessible, and trustworthy services that deliver peace of mind to thousands of people at a time that truly matters.
Who you are:
You’re at the start of your Product Management career. You’re motivated by making a big impact whether that’s solving operational problems, increasing conversion on our website, or quickly validating your next feature idea.
You’re able to work with qualitative and quantitative data to inform decisions, set goals, and measure the impact of what you’ve released. You’re a great communicator and an even better listener. You love learning new things, are not scared to admit your mistakes, and have the tenacity to solve hard problems.
You thrive working with great people, supporting them to be the best they can be while learning from them at the same time. You want to use software to solve problems and challenge old ways of working.
As an Associate Product Manager in our team, over the next 12 months, you will:
- Be paired with a Senior PM who will mentor you and teach you the fundamental skills needed to lead your own product team
- Accelerate your career by solving big problems and working within one of the best product teams in London
- Be responsible for a product area, taking opportunities and user pain points and figuring out how to solve them in ways that will help us scale
- Work on both user-facing products and internal tools, with a variety of stakeholders in areas such as growth, legal and finance
- Embrace the excitement and ambiguity of a growing startup, learning fast in an environment with constant change
- Use data from a range of sources to inform decisions, set goals and measure the impact of the work your team ships
- Play an active part in our Product Guild promoting great product practices and shaping how we build product at Farewill
- Share your learnings, wins and failures to help you and the team continually improve.
Hopefully, you’ll have some or all of the following:
- 1-2 years of work experience where you’ve helped solve customer or business problems – but no product management experience required
- Be super customer focused and love talking to users
- An interest in how technology, design and business strategy work
- You’re passionate about building the best possible user experience, and you have some experience working with data
- The ability to communicate effectively with a range of stakeholders
What we offer in return:
- Competitive salary and generous stock options
28 days of annual leave plus the usual public holidays
- Work from home on Wednesdays, flexible start and end to your day
- Regular off-site days and team lunches
- Santander cycles membership
- A chance to make a meaningful contribution to people’s lives and deaths
- And much more!
If this sounds like what you’d love to be doing, we can’t wait to hear from you. If you love the role but don’t know if you’re a 100% match then still get in touch, we value attitude and propensity to learn above roles in a CV.
At Farewill, we’re out to change the way the world deals with death. Helping people to take control, personally and financially, of what matters to them after they’re gone.
We launched our first product – our will-writing service – in December 2016, and since then we’ve grown to be the largest will-writer in the UK. We launched our second product, Probate, in early 2019, and recently our third, Cremation.
Our growth to date has been driven by an exceptional product (see our customer reviews) and key strategic partnerships. We’ve been featured in Forbes, The Times, The Guardian and on Radio 4 among others. We’re also making waves in the charity world – with over £220 million raised for charities on our platform from gifts left in wills.
We’re a creative, focused team who love what we do. We have backgrounds in design, technology, behavioural psychology, and management consultancy. We love to learn from each other and our customers, and grow together as a team.
Based in our lovely office in Haggerston, we’re backed by some of the best investors in Europe – from the founders of Transferwise and Zoopla, to Kindred Capital, SAATCHiNVEST, JamJar and DMGT.
This is an unusual, fascinating, and emotional area to work in – if you’re up for a big challenge we’d love to meet you.
If you’d like to understand our culture and product better, here are a few articles for you to read: About Farewill, Life at Farewill, Are you worried about your will?