The Senior Product Manager has a key role in managing the subscription products and ecommerce site within BSI’s Knowledge Solutions (KS) business
This role is a full time, permanent role based in Chiswick, West London.
The Senior Product Manager will line manage a small team of product managers, while also leading project teams formed from all streams of the BSI business (Marketing, IT, Content Solutions, Customer Relations, Sales and Standards Development) to drive effective performance and meet customer need.
The Senior Product Manager will ensure that the operational running of the team and product development is effective, working with SMEs from across the business to remove blockers and optimise delivery. They will also ensure that the Core Product Team of 4 product managers have well defined individual and product objectives that align to the business strategy and are well understood within the organisation.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
You will be responsible for:
- The efficient running of the team, managing the operational processes, supporting and working with the individual Product Managers to ensure optimum outcomes and ensuring consistent and accurate reporting, be that of progress against OKRs or product KPIs.
Coaching the individual product managers and developing the team capability, introducing new ways of working when needed and encouraging continuous personal development.
Product managing the BSI eCommerce site. Owning the strategy, defining the features and measuring performance.
Ensuring effective cross functional working by building and maintaining strong relationships with team and department leaders, managing key suppliers and driving process optimisation.
Budgets for all the products in the portfolio, ensuring that investment plans are clear, approvals are in place, issues are mitigated and/or escalated.
Effectively communicating the Core Product strategy and projects across the KS division and, where appropriate, the BSI Group
The Senior Product Manager will work with Sales & Marketing to identify and agree tactical ways to increase revenue, customer engagement and satisfaction across the core products. They will work closely with the Senior Product Management team to input into the overall product vision and strategic plans.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Direct team and matrix leadership experience
- Demonstrable experience of responding to customer need through customer research, gathering and prioritising customer requirements.
- Agile and waterfall delivery experience
- Experience working with technical teams to articulate business requirements and support delivery and testing of digital products.
- Extensive product management experience, including developing, managing and launching new products, services, websites as well as features.
- Data extraction, clean-up, analysis and reporting skills.
Experience working in the STM publishing industry delivering digital products or services.
- Knowledge of creating integrated, multi-content products.
Experience with Aha!, Tableau and Figma
- Formal training or certification in Product Management (e.g Pragmatic Marketing, General Assembly).
- A “can do”, problem-solving approach.
- A data driven mindset combined with
Excellent communications skills: written, informally and in formal presentations.
- Strong leadership, persuasion, influencing and motivational skills; must be able to lead and motivate the team and lead and work well in a matrix environment.
- Results-driven: determined, self-starter with drive and initiative.
- You must have the vision required to think creatively, coupled with a realistic and pragmatic approach to turning strategy into tangible deliverables.
- The desire and ability to quickly learn about new products and tools
- Patience and persistence to see change successfully embedded.
- A genuine interest in digital publishing, data and information services
To protect our candidates and BSI employees during the Covid-19 outbreak, all interviews will take place remotely.