The Director of Product is responsible for FutureLearn’s product strategy. They manage a team of product managers, who lead cross functional product teams of product designers and engineers and build a strong culture of delivery and data driven decision making.
The Director of Product reports to the Chief Product Officer, works as a “product trio” with the Director of Technology and Director of Experience and is part of FutureLearn’s wider leadership team. Their primary stakeholder is the Chief Revenue Officer (dotted line reporting) and they also have a strong working relationship with the Chief Content and Partnerships Officer to ensure alignment across the organisation.
FutureLearn is a fast growing education marketplace, featuring high quality online short courses, Microcredentials and degrees from the world’s leading universities and industry brands. Our purpose is to transform access to education. We help our 11m+ learners build skills for today and tomorrow.
We’re looking for a Director of Product who has deep expertise in ecommerce and experienced hyper-growth cycles and is able to translate these skills to one of the most exciting online sectors to work in right now: EdTech. You will help us scale and innovate and create a real impact at a time where the world needs new and innovative approaches to delivering relevant education to millions.
• 8+ years of experience in product management leading end-to-end product development and leading teams working in a collaborative cross functional environment. You bring relevant eCommerce and digital experience and best practices
• You set and drive the big picture strategy while also rolling up your sleeves
• You have a proven track record of being able to deliver highly ambitious products and projects. You will be ready to show what these are, and how you made it happen
• You work in a highly collaborative way with a heavy emphasis on teamwork and leading through influence; you can partner with other teams at senior levels to drive change
• You hire and grow high performing teams
• You are curious and open to learn and adapt fast. You demonstrate passion for learning and education.
• You are a clear communicator. You can articulate a clear and compelling vision and get people across the organization to buy into your vision and approach
• You are able to zoom in and obsess about small details that benefit learners and partners
• You are data and insights driven. You can show the value you add to customers and get the entire company behind you. You are results-oriented and very rigorous about measuring impact
FutureLearn is a leading social learning platform with over 10 million users globally. FutureLearn uses design, technology and partnerships to create enjoyable, credible and flexible short online courses, microcredentials, as well as undergraduate and postgraduate degrees, with a strong social learning USP. It partners with over a quarter of the world’s top universities, as well as organisations such as Accenture, the British Council, Raspberry Pi and Health Education England. It’s also involved in government-backed initiatives to address skills gaps such as The Institute of Coding and the National Centre for Computing Education.
FutureLearners live and breathe the company values and have a strong connection with our purpose, to transform access to education. We offer lots of flexibility, competitive benefits and a cool work environment. At FutureLearn, we look after each other.
Please use our online form by clicking jobs , including your CV and a cover letter telling us why you’d like to come work with us. Please also include your salary expectations.
Please note this role will be a remote role whilst FutureLearn’s office is closed. Once the office is open again this role will be a full time, office based role.
Closing date for applications will be Wednesday May 20th 2020.
We can’t wait to meet you!
We believe diversity matters and want to create an environment where that diversity can flourish. We encourage everyone to bring their whole self to work, regardless of gender, age, sexual orientation, race or disability.
We encourage freelancers and people who have been made redundant as a result of COVID-19 to apply for opportunities at FutureLearn. We believe that in these difficult times, good employers have to rise to the occasion and play their part in the community. At FutureLearn, we take care of each other.