No one should have to make life’s big decisions alone.
At Unibuddy, we are on a mission to connect prospective students to current university students and faculty staff members, to empower them with the information they need to make life’s first biggest decisions: where to go to university and what to study!
Our platform provides Higher Education institutions with the technology to enable prospective students to chat one-on-one with student ambassadors and faculty and to take part in online live events. We provide data tools and insights to help universities understand their prospective students and provide them with the information they need to connect with those best suited for their programs.
Since launching in 2017, we’ve grown rapidly and now work with over 300 Higher Education institutions in 28 countries worldwide. We’ve raised over $13M from top-tier investors that will fuel our expansion and help us achieve our ambitious goal of empowering 10 million students to make the right choice about their Higher Education journey.
In the next chapter of our journey, we’re looking to take a huge step forward, transforming our product offering and changing the way both prospective and current students make their life-determining decisions on a global scale. This, along with recent success, means that we need to scale and so are hiring people that can help us supercharge our growth, while still embodying the values that have gotten us so far already.
As Product Owner/Manager you will live and breath your Unibbudy products, always with one eye on our product team mission; providing a better outcome for our prospective and current students.
You will work with your dedicated engineering team, enlisting their help to build the most creative, impactful and innovative products that you can. As we transition into a data-led company, this is no small challenge. You will be constantly looking for opportunities to take advantage of feedback, talking directly to our users and leveraging your autonomy and freedom to build a product that balances the agile and responsive approach with a more waterfall style agenda, thereby moving us meaningfully with each sprint towards our long term product vision.
Your day to day tasks will be…
- Helping define and iterate the product vision, a high-level roadmap and compelling solutions for our Partners, Universities, Prospects and Students.
- Working closely with our UX lead to ensure our users are at the heart of the product development process; integrating data, insights, research and market analysis into our product design. A rapid test and learn approach is what we’re after.
- Defining performance measures and what success looks like for your product area.
- Always learning. Every day, taking time to raise your levels of expertise in your area of specialisation, both in regards to your products and your wider career.
- Working with your engineering teams to deliver specifications and tickets, finding the right balance between granular detail and quick, lightweight functionality descriptions.
- Working with the Design and UX team to define a UX and UI that delivers and blends seamlessly into the rest of the Unibuddy proposition. Helping define the narrative that we present to users, finding the choke points and where cognitive load is high.
- Working with the Sales and Support team in order to gain a deep understanding of the problem areas they face and identify where innovative solutions are required, where appropriate running design sprints in order to find those solutions.
- Binding everyone that contributes to your products together, becoming the linchpin around which they act as a cohesive and effective unit.
- Checking-in on your GA set-up to ensure that everything is running as expected, never settling for ‘I don’t know why’. Being hungry for answers.
- Ensuring transparency of work and upcoming plans across the business, being the go-to person on all questions related to your product.
This might be for you if…
- Have 3 + years of experience.
- Have a strong understanding of product delivery and your own opinions of what works and what doesn’t.
- Have not just run scrum ceremonies, but know how to make them more efficient and effective.
- Can sight your failures just as easily as your successes, and of course what you have learned from them.
- Know the difference between strategic and tactical moves.
- Understand value proposition, but also the challenges around technical delivery, clear on both what to build and how to leverage the expertise of your engineers to the greatest extent.
- Are picky about finding the right opportunity and the right company to help you hone your trade and become a better Product Manager.
Please send a CV and covering letter with a supporting statement which outlines two reasons why you would like to work with Unibuddy, and two reasons why you are well suited to this role.
Please note that Unibuddy does not sponsor visas for this role.