Our mission at Simple is to radically redesign the consumer banking experience with a focus on beautiful interfaces, transparent policies, modern technology, and extraordinary customer service.
Think about how you’d build something to improve people’s lives and turn the financial industry upside down. How good is that going to feel? We are doing just that at Simple. Our mission is to enable our customers to become confident with their finances and to do so we are radically rethinking the consumer banking experience and we need your help.
Product Management at Simple is responsible for defining the vision, strategy and roadmap in order to realize our vision of better banking. In this role, you’ll have the independence of a startup in finding the products and features that are usable, valuable, and feasible with the backing of one of the world’s most successful banks, BBVA. In this role, you’ll work with researchers and interview customers to understand their psychology, behaviors and desires. You’ll work with great teams across design, data, engineering, marketing and customer service to help ship our product by employing careful listening, decision making, and leadership.
What You’ll Be Doing:
* Define our metrics and goals working with the Product team
* Discover the needs of others across the company and align those needs with the company’s goals
* Talk to our customers and write user stories with success criteria, and add them to a backlog you’ll help prioritize
* Collaborate with our Product Design and User Research teams to ensure what we build helps our customers
* Build a learning culture that reports on the success and failure of features and releases and use that data to make better decisions
* Help us maintain just enough process as the organization grows to optimize for delivery, whether that’s being an evangelist for agile processes or arguing against prioritization matrices.
* Be a product owner for interdisciplinary teams shipping great products to our customers.
What We’re Looking For:
* Four plus years in product management (or equivalent) experience with customer-facing web or mobile technology products. Experience taking a product from conception to launch to optimization is a big plus.
* Comfort with a data-driven approach to prioritization and product management. Previous experience is a big plus. Passion for learning more about this is a must
* Experience writing user stories and working with agile methodologies is a plus
* Demonstrated leadership working across teams and levels of responsibility
* Strong time management and prioritization skills, for your own time and for others’
* The ability to communicate effectively and concisely in all mediums
* A passion for learning and growing your skills
* A positive, solution-minded attitude
* Quality humans – we like and respect each other
What Else Can We Tell You?
We’re looking for candidates who are excited about both Simple and product management. Simple offers competitive salaries and great benefits. We’re a supportive, nurturing place to work, committed to improving our employees’ quality of life. We believe in your growth, encouraging and subsidizing conference participation and continuing education. Just like you, we’re passionate about our work, and can get pretty nerdy about it sometimes.
We know our industry has a diversity problem. By joining Simple, you’ll help us address this by supporting a diverse, inclusive workplace, and participating in industry initiatives to this end. Candidates from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. If you’re on the fence about whether to apply or not, we say go for it!
Please include a cover letter telling us something awesome about you and the projects you’ve worked on, along with the best product management book you’ve ever read, regardless of claimed subject. (You like “The Design of Everyday Things?” So do we.) Applications without a cover letter won’t be considered.
Ready to make a difference? Apply!
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Email our team at email@example.com if you need an accommodation in the application process.
Simple provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Simple complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
By submitting this application, you certify that the facts contained in your application are true and complete to the best of your knowledge. If you are employed, false statements on your application will be grounds for termination.