At Travelex we want to transform how people send and spend money around the world. We are recruiting the best and brightest operators in and around London to create an entirely new digital team, backed by Travelex’s resources, deep industry experience and leading brand. We are hiring developers, devops, product managers, UX’ers, UI, designers and QA to invent the future of FX, cross-border e-commerce and international payments.
What’s important to us:
- We’re serious about shipping but we don’t take ourselves too seriously.
- We think agile is useful but we’re not zealots. We optimise for JFDI.
- We strongly believe in the value of good design. We believe it is a primary differentiator in an increasingly crowded marketplace. Also, we refuse to ship ugly, inelegant crap.
- We strongly believe in the value of data. We run a team that is data- informed. We think being data-driven is soulless and dangerous. Clean, confident, clear data combined with insights of the team is what drives our decisions.
- We want to build small, collaborative, cross-functional teams that push each other to create elegant, simple solutions to hard customer problems.
- No matter what the role we want everyone to be obsessed with getting inside the minds of our customers.
- We like to laugh and have fun; if you join us, you’ll need to brush up on your ping pong & foosball skills.
You’re a fit for our team if:
- You strive to be the best in the world at what you do and want to be surrounded by others who do so as well.
- You get a bit nauseous when someone utters the phrase, “Think outside the box.” But you actually do it.
- You have strong, well-informed opinions but are open to being convinced otherwise through thoughtful discussion and debates with your teammates.
- You have a bias towards action.
- You’re scrappy and ready to roll up your sleeves and do what it takes to ship.
- You are a problem solver and spend your time figuring stuff out rather than explaining why it can’t be done.
- You are incurably & insatiably curious. You probably know the difference between baking soda and baking powder (if you don’t now you want to go and find out don’t you?)
- You have more e-wallets than real wallets (and object to the assertion that e-wallets aren’t real).
- You’ve purchased a cup of coffee with bitcoin.
- You know when more analysis will help and when it’s time to JFDI.
- When you were a kid you used to take things apart to see how they worked.
- Your friends and family come to you for product/tech recommendations.
- You have strong interpersonal communication skills. You need to be able to communicate with, educate and get along with the team.
We are looking for a badass product manager to lead the creation of new products and services that squarely address these problems four our customers. Simply put, if you are a product manager interested in fintech this is the most exciting job you will find in London full stop. This is a rare greenfield opportunity backed by the industry leading brand the likes of which you won’t see too many times in your career.
- Candidates must have a proven track record in creating beautiful products that deliver high value to customers.
- We’re a growing team that’s still figuring out the kinks in our ways of working. You’ll need to be comfortable with ambiguity and flexible enough to change your approach as we continue to grow the team and mature the way we work.
- You need to be proactive and intolerant of inaction. You’ll be the metronome for the team and need to lead by example.
- You need to be obsessed with uncovering and identifying customer needs around payments across sectors, segments, geographies and domains.
- You need to have a strong understanding of mobile, and how mobile apps work. Knowing the difference between iOS and Android is fine, but the person we’re looking for also knows their Jelly Beans from their Marshmallows.
- You need to be comfortable with ambiguity and be able to JFDI.
- Ideally you would have knowledge of, experience with and a healthy skepticism of:
- Consumer payments products and services, e-wallets, mobile wallets, cryptocurrencies, banking…you get the picture.
- Modern approaches to product management like JTBD and Lean.
- Modern approaches to software development including agile (Scrum/Kanban), Lean, XP, BDD and TDD.