What we’re looking for:
You might be a software engineer looking to take the next step in your career, gaining greater contact with the world outside the development team. You’re likely to be someone who wants to remain technical, and yet move away from full-time software development, and into the realms of product ownership and partnerships.
What you’ll be doing:
Citrix Hypervisor is the flagship commercial release of the open-source Xen hypervisor. It’s a virtualization platform that underlies everything from government organisations, multi-thousand seat virtual desktop deployments, super-fast network load balancers, all the way up to some of the largest public and private clouds in the world.
As part of the Citrix Hypervisor Product Engineering team you’ll share responsibility for liaising with engineering teams at tier 1 OEMs, hardware vendors (IHVs), and software vendors (ISVs) to enable Citrix Hypervisor to work best with these companies’ products. We have a deep understanding of partners’ cutting edge technologies, and as well as influencing the Citrix Hypervisor roadmap, we write software that acts as “glue” between our products and theirs.
- Aligning Citrix Hypervisor hardware and architectural roadmaps with the bleeding edge technologies that are under development at partner companies.
- Acting as a requirements analyst, communicating partners’ technical needs to the wider business including Citrix Hypervisor Product Management, Strategic Alliances, and Marketing.
- Providing deep technical consultancy and solving technical issues for partners to enable them to build successful products around Citrix Hypervisor.
- Solely responsible for the day-to-day management of technical relationships with several tier 1 hardware manufacturers, who are some of the largest and most strategic in the industry.
- Travelling (up to once a quarter) to visit partners overseas.
If you’re looking for a job that involves being the bridge between engineers, the business, and partners, yet with the opportunity to continue to apply your technical expertise, this position is for you!
- You’ll take on significant responsibility in managing the technical side of our relationship with very significant partners: as our interface to them you will play a key role in shaping the Citrix Hypervisor product.
- You’ll enjoy helping to bring people together, “translating” between technical and non-technical staff, and using your broad knowledge of our partners’ and Citrix products to solve problems.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Have both real depth of technical knowledge, and the high-level of communication and empathy required to see the world through customers’ and partners’ eyes.
- Have excellent communication and presentation skills and the rare ability to be able to frame difficult technical concepts within the wider context of business and commercial needs.
- Have a solid software engineering and programming background; still be very capable of reading and modifying product requirements, designs and code.
- Be great at building and maintaining technical relationships.
- Be very quick to learn and understand new technical concepts and technologies, and able to deal with the high demands of managing multiple partners within a parallel, multi-project team.
- Have a Bachelor’s degree (2:1 or higher), preferably in software engineering or computer science.
- Probably have several years or more experience in professional software development.
- Be comfortable using the Linux operating system.
Desirable Skills & Experience
A good grounding in operating systems concepts.
Any knowledge of server virtualization in general, Citrix Hypervisor in particular.
Experience in a similar role (e.g. acting a liaison between engineering teams, product ownership, technical product management).
What you’re looking for:
Our technology is built on the idea that everyone should be able to work from anywhere, at any time, and on any device. It’s a simple philosophy that guides everything we do — including how we work. If you’re an engineer, we’ll give you plenty of ways to test your skills on cutting edge technology. We want employees to do what they do best, every day.
Be bold. Take risks. Imagine a better way to work. If this sounds like you then we’d love to talk.
Citrix is a cloud company that enables mobile workstyles. We create a continuum between work and life by allowing people to work whenever, wherever, and however they choose. Flexibility and collaboration is what we’re all about. The Perks: We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package. You’ll enjoy our workstyle within an incredible culture. We’ll give you all the tools you need to succeed so you can grow and develop with us.
Citrix Systems, Inc. is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, genetic carrier status, disability, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, marital status, protected veteran status and other protected classifications.
Citrix uses applicant information consistent with the Citrix Recruitment Policy Notice at https://www.citrix.com/about/legal/privacy/citrix-recruitment-privacy-notice.html
Citrix welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Reasonable accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the job application process, please contact us at (877) 924-8749 or email us at ASKHR@citrix.com for assistance.
If this is an evergreen requisition, by applying you are giving Citrix consent to be considered for future openings of other roles of similar qualifications.