Join trivago and help shape the future of the world’s largest online hotel search. Work with the latest technology and with colleagues from over 60 countries. We believe in personal development through flexible, self-directed work and cross-functional opportunities. Enjoy a work environment that encourages new ideas, having fun and challenging the status quo!
Our Product department is looking for an analytically minded individual who can ensure that the deals our users see on our site allow them to find their ideal hotel for the best price. You will be responsible for gathering the vast range of prices and offers from our numerous partners and creating an accessible format to display them on our site. You will define trivago’s approach to deals, develop a product roadmap, and design and prototype algorithms in order to find a product solution that will create value for us. From integrating various new rate types and search types to optimizing the advertiser landing page experience, you will work to construct a personalized experience that increases our bookings and that users engage with.
The ideal candidate:
- Has 1-2 years’ experience as a product owner or as a project manager developing digital products.
- Holds a bachelor’s degree in one of the natural Sciences (Mathematics, Physics, etc.), Engineering, Economics, or a related field.
- Is a numbers-focused, analytically minded individual who is in their element when experimenting with algorithms.
- Has good leadership skills. You must know what it is that you want to achieve and have the drive to push your ideas through to execution. Any programming knowledge would be a plus.
- Is a clear communicator, capable of expressing themselves appropriately and can give confident, informative presentations.
- Can work well as part of a team, taking on board others’ feedback and energizing those they’re working with in order to achieve a common goal.
- Speaks English (our company language) fluently.
- Can start as soon as possible.
Life at trivago is…
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free workshops, seminars, sports and activities.
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- Living in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
- Please note that your CV and motivation letter must be written in English.
- We do not require the services of an agency for this position.
Please note we only process applications via this URL. If clicking the URL in this message does not work, just copy and paste it into the address bar of your browser.