State is a busy start-up preparing for the launch of our opinion network. We’ve got the kind of set-up that doesn’t happen that often in London: a Silicon Valley enterprise in the heart of Notting Hill. Our founder is Alex Asseily, who also founded Jawbone. Our advisers include Sir Tim Berners-Lee.
The team hail from Stanford, Cambridge and the like, and boast start-up experience from places like Skype, Microsoft, Yahoo and lastminute.com. Together, we’re building a large-scale, mass-market consumer service for both web and mobile. And we’re looking for talented, challenge-driven individuals to join us.
You will own the investigation and optimisation of users discovering, joining and using our service. This means three things: figuring out what is going on using all the analytics tools at your disposal, next deciding how to act using a breadth of experience across product marketing disciplines and then finding out if you were right as quickly as possible. It is a role for a growth hacker, a marketeer, a data-driven decision maker, an analyst, a creative and enthusiastic individual.
We’re looking for someone who can show us evidence of having run successful growth campaigns from other consumer internet sites and mobile apps, ideally in the social area.
- Analyse and report on customer interactions across web, mobile, email and partner channels
- Develop data driven recommendations to optimise the user experience and conversion
- Design and run A/B and multivariate tests that result in improved interactions and conversions
- Work closely with the product, technology and design teams to deliver improvements
- You’ve significantly contributed to rapid growth for a consumer internet service
- Designed and run online A/B and multivariate tests, including larger-scale UX changes as well as ad or copy variants
- You have broad experience of web marketing tools across SEO/SEM/PPC, email CRM, display ads, content distribution
- Created and launched social media marketing campaigns
- Strong understanding and experience with the iOS and Android marketplaces.
- You’ve conducted usability tests, focus groups and interviews
- You’ve managed a marketing budget and regularly reported on KPIs and results
- Expert-level user and administrator of Google Analytics, Mixpanel/Kissmetrics and similar; deep Excel skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Quantitative and qualitative analysis skills; confident with analytical and statistical approaches
- Insane attention to detail and dedication to pragmatic thoroughness
- Ability to hold multiple data points in mind at the same time
- Deeper data analytics ability including SQL, R
- Ability to think through and design UX flows with wireframes