Product Manager/Owner – Physician Apps
At DaVita, we design apps to help physicians manage, treat, and improve the lives of patients with kidney disease.
Health IT is notorious for lagging behind consumer products in design, experience, and satisfaction. Our obsession is changing the status quo by creating a suite of physician products that delight users and enable clinicians to take better care of their patients. DaVita believes so deeply in the mission of better patient care that we’ve launched our product line to create better experiences for physicians and patients.
Our product teams are growing; we have an opportunity for a Product Manager who will lead product discovery efforts and work closely with a team to come up with the projects, features, and fixes that will improve customer satisfaction.
The role is inherently cross-functional; you will work closely with engineering, UX design, sales, marketing, and executive teams to own and lead projects from initial conception through launch.
We are looking for product managers who are obsessed with solving problems for our customers, able to lead cross-functional teams, and adept at synthesizing technology into high-quality products that simplify the many complexities of patient care.
- Meet with customers to gather feedback, identify genuine needs, and uncover pain
- Research competitive and related solutions, understand technology landscape, and leverage analytics
- Author product opportunity assessments and provide go/no-go recommendations
- Engage in rapid cycles of design and iteration in conjunction with Engineering, UX Design, and other stakeholders
- Define methods and metrics for quantifying success and ensure that the team has a clear ability to understand and articulate its objectives
- Define the product to be built via user stories and prototypes from the UX design team
- Prioritize and groom team-level backlog
- Act as product owner for one or more scrum teams
- Travel required on occasion
- Multiple years experience leading cross-functional teams and delivering results in a consumer-facing product management role
- One or more successful product launches in which you had overall responsibility from conception to launch
- Collaborative and effective within the company culture
- A bachelor’s degree
- Experience working in an agile, iterative environment
- Ability to quickly build expertise in unfamiliar domains
- Passion for building great products
- Background in either UX Design or computer science
- Prior experience with experiment design a strong plus
- Interest in building a personal brand as a product management thought leader
- Experience in building healthcare-related and data-heavy digital products
- Love of new learning curves, because every project has a stack of them
- Exceptional presentation skills; we like to show off our work, tell stories, and articulate the problems we’ve solved or how we’ve improved the physician experience
How To Apply
- Send me (email@example.com) your resume
- Briefly explain in your email why you are a particularly excellent candidate for this job (you can skip the cover letter)
- We will respond to all emails within a few days to confirm receipt and we’ll follow up with you if we’d like to get more detail. Thank you!