The Product Manager, Curriculum and Assessment (PM) is responsible for defining product direction and strategy in the pursuit of commercial success of the company’s curriculum and assessment products. The PM defines requirements for product enhancements and makes go-to-market decisions, including bundling and pricing decisions, for product releases. Product Managers author market / product requirements, user persona’s, and user stories using data obtained thru on-site visits and market research activities involving prospects, evaluators and customers. PM’s manage working relationships with software development and monitor Development’s progress to assure software releases meet requirements. They provide overall channel support tools (i.e., information and content for marketing materials) for marketing, sales support, sales, and client operations. They are internal and external advocate for the product.
- Manages the entire product line life cycle from product requirements to feature/function adoption, including relevant execution plans.
- Specifies market / product requirements (including user personas and use scenarios / cases) for current and future products by conducting market research, market sizing, and market problem analysis supported by on-going visits to customers and non-customers.
- Transfers knowledge to software designers in conceptual agile design activities to ensure software features and functions perform as desired in the user’s operational environment.
- Conducts competitive analysis
- Analyzes win-loss information to better understand product success; also uses information to better understand the market and define required enhancements.
- Participates as a key contributor to business case development and understands the process.
- Works with Product Marketing to analyze the sales process and provide applicable information to marketing in the development of channel, collateral, tools and programs in support of the sales cycle and other customer facing processes.
- Creates and manages a product road-map that is responsive to documented market needs.
- Leads client involvement initiatives and early adopter programs. Monitors and analyzes results.