Quick Take: Axios is a new digital media company that tells you what matters and why, to make you smarter, faster. We’re hiring a Senior Product Manager to join our growing product team!
Why it Matters: As product manager, you’ll obsess over our users’ problems and experience, prioritize the most important problems to solve, and lead an agile team in defining solutions and delivering amazing outcomes. This person will also be responsible for shepherding ideas and experiments through the discovery and brainstorming process while exploring different versions of the features that will help Axios continue to evolve.
Go Deeper: This person will play a key role in the evolution of developing Axios into a product-centric company. You will serve as a leader in our efforts in the smart brevity space, and drive building new products that help people get smarter, faster. You will employ and evolve a set of agile processes using a streamlined toolkit to ensure your team has everything they need to execute on the product vision. You will partner with user research, designers, and engineers to identify user needs and to ensure successful feature implementation.
The Details: Ideal candidates will embody a collaborative and entrepreneurial spirit, a passion for Axios’ mission and have the following skills:
- User centric mindset with a track record of shipping products that solve real problems and delight users
- Commitment to quality – you take pride in facilitating your team to deliver unmatched products with measurable value
- Ability to run efficient meetings, facilitate discussion and present to senior leadership
- Demonstrated experience working with engineers
- Demonstrated product management experience
- Strong product intuition and strategic thinking
- Experience managing multiple stakeholders
- Familiarity with product analytics and reporting systems
- Experience working on consumer facing products is preferred
- Bonus: Previous coding experience of any kind
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Company equity
- Commuter and cell phone benefit
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Annual learning and development stipend