Wagmo is looking for an organized, analytical, creative, Product Management Director who will be responsible for creating and owning the product strategy and roadmap for our subscription Wellness plan. Success in this role includes a deep understanding and empathy of pet parents’ pain points, building product features and enhancements that lead to happier customers and higher renewal rates, and creating automated workflows that increase the operational efficiency of our customer service and claims team.
What You’ll Do
- Gain a deep understanding of our customers, their pain points, and their user journeys. You’ll be the voice of the customer for all things pet wellness.
- Use those insights to create a clear and compelling vision for how the product needs to evolve to best serve our customers.
- Develop a roadmap to execute on that vision, spanning everything from feature builds to pricing adjustments to enhanced operational efficiencies.
- Use data to discover and justify investments in feature builds, as well as to analyze their impact.
- Partner closely with our Operations and Engineering teams to ensure the customer’s problem is well understood and solutions built have the intended impact.
- Drive product creation through its full lifecycle including research, design, development and release.
- Develop and own product QA process, including soliciting customer feedback.
- Increase membership revenue by improving billing processes, retention strategies, and pricing models.
- Define OKRs, track progress, and measure the impact of the product on business goals.
- Work closely with the CEO to communicate progress and vision to stakeholders and investors.
What You’ll Need to be Successful
- At least 5 years of product management experience for a complex product, with at least 2 years experience as a product lead.
- You have a strong understanding of current product best-practice and opinions on where product is going next.
- Ability to turn ambiguous or undefined problems into opportunities.
- Intellectually curious and hungry to imagine new ways to solve the pain points of pet parents.
- Experience in developing and managing complex business models; bonus points if you’ve worked with a regulated product or subscription service.
- You have a strong track record of dealing with complex systems and building products in a way that supports scaling.
- You have a strong analytical orientation; a focus on data driven analytics and the ability to measure success.
- Customer-obsessed approach to product management.
- You have excellent customer-facing and internal communication skills, a strong attention to detail, and ability to execute with very little guidance.
- You are a resourceful and creative team player, and are excited about making a meaningful impact on a rapidly growing business.
* Ownership over the company’s flagship product
* Company retreats, team dinners/lunches
* Flexible remote work policy
* Flexible paid time off (PTO) policy
* Commuter benefits
* Home office tech budget
* Dog friendly office
* Generous health care coverage
* Pet wellness & insurance
Who We Are
At Wagmo, pets really are our life. We solve hard problems all day long, but hang out with dogs while we do it. We value authenticity and efficiency, and have no time for egos. We prioritize performance over pedigree, compensate fairly, and never take ourselves too seriously. We’re VC-backed, spun out of the Harvard i-Lab/HBS, Techstars, and headquartered in NYC.
What We Do
Wagmo is a new type of pet insurance company with a mission to make it easy and affordable to be a better pet parent. Our flagship product is the Wagmo Wellness plan, which helps pet parents save money on routine care and preventative care for their pets. We have recently released Wagmo Insurance, a radically simplified accident and illness pet insurance product designed to protect the financial stability of pet parents while providing guidance and support along the journey.