Gousto is the UK’s leading recipe box company delivering precise ingredients, delicious recipes and a dollop of adventure to thousands of homes across the UK.
As one of Europe’s fastest-growing independent companies, you’ll be part of an exciting, expanding team and trailblazing company.
Food and tech are at the heart of what we do. Using industry-leading technology, we’ve connected over 6 million people to delicious food so far. By 2025 we’ll have delivered 400 million delicious meals to dinner tables across the country… and we’re only just getting started.
Join us and let’s dream big and deliver bigger.
As we scale we need to create a world-class operational capability to make sure we deliver to our rapidly expanding customer base on time and error-free. What’s more, we want to provide the most flexible and customisable food platform in the world, to do this we will need to deal with huge amounts of complexity to meet the demands of our customers. We believe that we can only create this kind of capability with the right blend of best-of-breed operational processes plus cutting edge technology. We want to build a different kind of platform, one that can:
Provide a same-day delivery service for highly perishable fresh food
Allow the customer to flex and choose exactly what they want in their recipes and their box
Maintain industry-leading levels of low wastage
Not just fulfil our recipe boxes but also fulfil for other businesses (there’s no better way to test our capabilities than against the market)
This is a key role within the Digital Product team. Digital Product is responsible for discovering and developing opportunities for new digital products and experiences which support our ambitious growth plan, and then getting them to market.
Reporting to the Senior Product Manager – Supply Tribe Lead, you will be responsible for releasing commercial value for Gousto by ensuring that we provide a world class supply chain capability, maximising capacity, efficiency, customer experience and order convenience.
Day-to-day, you will be responsible for leading a squad of engineers and data scientists to deeply understand and prioritise customer needs, business efficiencies and commercial outcomes.
You’ll drive digital direction and strategy for a major part of our digital capabilities. We are in the process of building a strong culture of autonomous goal-oriented teams, we are looking for great product people to build great experiences for our customers & operations teams and to help build great product teams with Gousto.
This role involves working in an agile environment where you will also play the role of a product owner, so you will be responsible for maintaining the product backlog, leading refinement and planning sessions, and defining priorities.
You will do;
- Build and develop a digital product strategy within our ‘Supply’ tribe, with long term vision and short term roadmap. The Supply tribe is responsible for providing a world class supply chain capability, maximising capacity, efficiency, customer experience and order convenience.
- Use lean principles to drive product development with a team of world class engineers, designers, data scientists and analysts
- Champion customer needs by generating qualitative and quantitative insights to inform what the squad prioritises
- Actively engage with Gousto’s commercial engine by being an active contributor to company-wide initiatives including but not limited to weekly trading meetings, sharing of key metrics with dashboards etc.
- Be embedded in a cross-functional team delivering value to the customer and keeping internal stakeholders aligned on direction
- Lead the ideation, development and launch of new features and capabilities. Assess existing features on an ongoing basis by tracking and learning from their performance.
- Integrate market analysis, customer research and user testing into product ideation to enhance the customer experience
- Define and analyse metrics that inform the success of products
You will be;
- Commercially minded – understanding customer value, and driving commercial performance through providing that value to the top and bottom line
- Comfortable in seeing beyond the problem presented & define solutions that truly serve the customer needs
- Comfortable and strong in stakeholder management and balancing of priorities, between an external proposition and internal stakeholder needs.
- You understand and use the power of qualitative research and user-centric design
- Intensely analytical – You use quantitative data at the heart of decision making, and you are familiar with AB testing principles. You use data to discover opportunities, identify issues and drive performance
- Highly collaborative – you excel at communication, bringing together people with diverse experiences, opinions, and opportunities to drive decisions and actions.
- You build deep relationships based on trust and respect
Natural mentor – you enjoy learning and sharing your learning with others
- Extensive product management experience, particularly in B2B and/or operations/ supply chain
- Have a customer-centric approach to problems whilst maintaining a sharp focus on commercial metrics
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Excellent organisational and analytical skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Agile product management experience
- Holidays – 25 days of holiday (plus bank holidays) increasing by a day each year up to 30 days
- Option to buy additional days of annual leave up to a total of 30 days
- Discounted Gousto boxes – 40% staff discount on Gousto boxes and 25% for your family and friends plus your first box free
- Dr Gousto Healthcare via Babylon Health
- Access to Gousto Academy training courses
- Gym Membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Referral Scheme
- Quarterly team socials and mixed team events
- Coffee/ Tea, fruit and ice cream provided every single day to keep you fresh
- Friday socials – Wine, beer and soft drinks
We are hugely committed to equality of opportunity in all areas of Gousto. We employ over 20 nationalities and think it’s deeply important to have both genders represented in all functions and levels. All individuals will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of age, disability, gender, pregnancy and maternity, marital status, race, religion or sexual orientation.