FutureLearn is a new social learning network whose mission is to pioneer the best learning experiences for everyone, anywhere. Our aim is to make online education accessible, enjoyable and effective.
We offer a diverse selection of free, high quality online courses from over 80 of the world’s leading universities and other outstanding cultural institutions such as the British Museum, the BFI, the BBC and the British Council. Since we launched at the end of 2013, over 3 million learners have registered from all over the world.
We’re looking for an ace Product Manager to join us and bring some additional commercial experience into the team. You’ll play a key role in helping shape the digital revolution happening in education across the world. You will report to the Head of Product, work closely with other product managers and join a brilliant and growing multidisciplinary product team of product managers, developers, designers, user researchers and data scientists.
To find out more about how we do Product Management at FutureLearn, read our blog post about it.
The Product Manager’s responsibilities:
- Inspire a cross-functional team to ship the right things to our learners by communicating a vision, building consensus and facilitating collaborative work
- Own the product roadmap for their area of the product and help shape the overall product vision by engaging with all areas of our business, our partners, educators and learners
- Act as product owner for a range of projects, from discovery and understanding phases, through to delivery and continued improvement
- Work hands-on every day with a cross-functional team of designers, developers and researchers, look after the team’s backlog and facilitate prioritisation
- Work with our in-house experts to gather and share insights and learning from competitor analysis, user research and quantitative and qualitative data about learners behaviour
- Identify and implement commercial opportunities around the core FutureLearn offering in order to create a sustainable commercial business
- Work with the team to help evolve and improve our delivery process, methodology and product management practices at FutureLearn
- Help ensure that FutureLearn provides the most effective online education through the delivery and improvement of product features
Ideally, you will have demonstrable experience of:
- Working on digital services in a product management capacity
- Developing consumer web products and/or educational services rapidly
- Directly working with developers, designers and user researchers
- Implementing revenue-generating products and features
- Day-to-day, hands-on product ownership of project teams
- Prioritisation of product features and producing product roadmaps
- Working collaboratively with cross-functional agile teams (eg Scrum, Lean, Kanban)
- Storytelling and communicating ideas, numbers and vision
In addition, you’ll have an interest in the future of education, you’ll thrive on encouraging collaboration between different teams and be excited about evolving the way product management at FutureLearn works. FutureLearn is a new social learning network whose mission is to pioneer the best learning experiences for everyone, anywhere. Our aim is to make online education accessible, enjoyable and effective.
- Competitive salary
- 28 days holiday
- Flexible working environment/hours
- Pension (4% employer / employee contribution)
- Childcare tax vouchers / Season ticket loans / Bike to work scheme
- Subsidised Peyton & Byrne restaurant for breakfast and lunch at the British Library
We value diversity at FutureLearn, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
You must have the right to work in the UK.
How to apply:
Please apply on our website https://about.futurelearn.com/about/jobs/ submitting your CV and a covering letter.