We are currently seeking applications for a Head of Product within the Digital Public Services and Business Transformation based in Edinburgh.
mygov.scot is the place for people in Scotland to access public services that are easy to find and simple to use – services so convenient, people choose digital first. The mygov.scot platform is a set of products and services that are continuously evolving as a result of user feedback and analysis. Progressively more content, features and transactions are being added over time and we work in close partnership with public sector colleagues to put user needs at the forefront of service design and delivery.
The Head of Product will help deliver public services that meet ‘digital first’ commitments set out in the national strategy ‘Scotland’s Digital Future – Delivery of Public Services’. The post holder will be a key member of the Scottish Government’s Digital Directorate.
We are looking to hire an experienced product manager to join our mission. The post-holder will project a compelling product vision from both end-user and system-user perspectives, and will lead multi-functional teams to deliver the mygov.scot platform based on evidenced user needs.
For jobs in Bands B and C, you must hold a minimum of 3 SCE Higher or A Level qualifications with one being English. Please note, only grades A, B and C are acceptable. Other qualifications equivalent to these may also be acceptable, if you are in any doubt please contact to discuss.
• Experience of product management with a track record of shipping and evolving great digital products and services
• Experience of analysing and applying user insight and performance data to design and continually improve digital products and services in tune with user needs
• Experienced in leading multi-disciplinary teams in technical environments
• First-hand experience and in-depth knowledge of roadmap and backlog management, continuous integration, behaviour driven development, user story definition, story estimation and sprint planning
• Proven ability to set and report against performance targets
• Excellent communication skills to represent the mygov programme with users and stakeholders
This is a 23 month fixed term and pensionable appointment and new entrants will normally start on the minimum of the pay range. Candidates with a disability who meet the minimum essential criteria for the appointment will be invited to the assessment centre. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified people.
You can apply for any job with us as long as you are a UK national or have dual nationality with one part being British. In addition, posts are open to Commonwealth citizens and nationals of any of the member states of the European Economic Area (EEA). Further information about civil service nationality requirements is available on the Civil Service Website.
For further information on this vacancy, and to apply, please visit this website.