We’re looking for a passionate and driven Product Manager to help us scale and reach new markets with our disruptive approach to the Renter, Landlord and Agent property rental value chain, that blends insurtech and proptech to the benefit of all. The role will own a mission critical pillar of product for our business; focussed on B2C or B2B as best fits your skills.
On the B2C side, you’ll drive our renting centric personal finance tools and marketplace to ensure renters never spend more than they need to on the roof over their head. You’ll grow an engaging, useful, data rich product that helps renters understand their own rental affordability as easily as they do their bank balance, with the products and services to help them save more month on month.
On the B2B side, you’ll improve renters’ lives by helping the agents and landlords who supply their homes. Millions of people move every year in the UK alone, and it’s a stressful and often antiquated experience. Our digital referencing makes that experience painless and instant, and Canopy aims to be the gold standard for trust underpinned by real-time data insight, the same data that drives our innovative insurance products.
There is have huge potential for growth as we forge a future where renters can find a home to rent as easily as ordering from Deliveroo.
In this role you will:
- Craft a compelling product vision, underpinned by customer discovery and data insight, then define and drive the strategy and roadmap to deliver it step by step
- Take valuable, usable and feasible product ideas from concept to launch
- Apply your product experience and toolkit to solve real world renting problems and deliver deep customer and business value
- Generate experiments and analyse data to validate hypotheses and track outcomes
- Clearly communicate the vision, definition and delivery across the business and out to the market – to ensure stakeholders are well informed and aligned
- Lead and inspire the team to work together effectively and create great products
- Understand and own the full customer journey, working with UX to deliver a delightful, world-class, 5* experience, joined up across all touchpoints
- Help shape the product team as we continue to grow and launch globally
- Built a strong portfolio of successful consumer or enterprise products across all stages of the product lifecycle during 3+ years of product experience
- Earned a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business or equivalent
- A customer centric worldview: you are the voice of the customer in the business, and deeply understand personas and needs from research and testing
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills, at all levels; from detailed technical specs, through Jiras up to the exec and customer communication
- Proven leadership skills; to inspire the team, make decisions and have tough conversations all backed up by compassion, respect and data
- Experience in a growth startup, ideally within Insurtech, Fintech or Proptech
- Collaborated with a distributed, remote team, running fluid agile processes from afar
- Strong analytical skills, with a data driven approach to user feedback and analytics to drive action without getting stuck in analysis paralysis
- An unbiased, experimental approach to validate bets and hypotheses
- Strong product instincts to drive a clear product vision, product roadmap and competitive analysis, and build a product that is both useful and beautiful
- The ability to move easily between strategic discussions with Exec team whilst working with the development team for day to day delivery
- Confident running user research sessions, in person or remote
- Previous technical experience would be beneficial – our stack is React, React Native, Node.js/Typescript and AWS
- Experience working with design colleagues to deliver best-in-class user experiences that deliver both value and delight
- A desire to grow your career and help scale a world-class product organisation.
Feel you tick a lot of these boxes, but not all? Do get in touch. We’d love to get to know more about you, your passion for our mission and how we can all grow and learn together.
At Canopy we’re building a Rental Marketplace to help millions of Renters achieve their financial goals and ensure they have an affordable roof over their heads.
Our core proposition is the RentPassport, akin to LinkedIn for renting, where tenants use Open Banking to build a digital rental profile and access our best of breed financial well-being products and services. These include Rent Tracking, to build credit history with Experian, and our own Deposit Insurance which replaces traditional cash deposits for residential rentals to put more money back in renters’ pockets where it belongs.
On the Agent side our B2B platform helps Landlords, Agents and Brokers reduce costs, earn additional revenue and boost efficiency driven by our free, real-time tenant referencing. Renters complete their reference in the time it takes to get an Uber to the property viewing, a win win for everyone.
Our investors include Experian and Direct Line Group.
We work remotely headquartered in London, with teams in Nottingham and Minsk. At this time we are looking to expand our team in the UK. Occasional travel to London will be necessary, conditions permitting.