Trade Me is New Zealand’s most visited online marketplace and are responsible for almost three quarters of all web content generated in the country. We are a digital marketplace, job board, motoring and property portal and dating and travel platform. we’ve been around for a while connecting Kiwi’s across New Zealand.
We are also extraordinarily good at connecting Kiwis with fabulous new products that have been sourced from local and international suppliers.
It’s our mission to ensure that New Zealander’s have an awesome online experience while using Trade Me. We’re now on the hunt for a Head of Marketplace Product to ensure that this mission is achieved, exceeded and then smacked out of the park on the full!
In this role you’ll:
- Report to the Chief Executive Officer of Marketplace and lead a small team of Product Managers, while rubbing shoulders with the Head of Supply, Marketing Director, Delivery Manager and a bunch of other passionate folk.
- Own our product vision and develop the strategy for audiences across web and native mobile platforms.
- Develop and maintain a clear product roadmap that has the support of the wider marketplace team.
- Be well versed in ecommerce trends and have views on where too next and why they will be of benefit to Trade Me Marketplace.
- Be totally focused on excellence in execution – you sweat the small stuff and ensure that you team does too.
- Thrive on gaining the support of stakeholders across the business, ensuring everyone is pointed in the same direction.
- Be an agitator when it’s called for and ensure all voices and ideas are heard.
Who are you?
- You are singularly focused on converting vision and strategy into action while bringing your team on the journey.
- You’re across good product development like a bad rash and can coach other product folk to share your commercial and creative vision.
- You have great experience leading product teams and are passionate about all forms of web and digital.
- You know how to work with tech delivery teams – you understand what makes them tick, get their frustrations and are able to help find solutions that are inspiring while staying on track to deliver fabulous products.
- You lead by example, are fully prepared to roll up your sleeves and jump into the trenches, but you also know how to delegate.
- Basically you’re loved and respected by your team and you know how to identify and deliver great products.
What we have to offer:
- A collaborative work environment where you are encouraged and supported to shape a substantial product delivery team.
- Work as part of the senior management team at one of New Zealand’s most recognised brands.
- Free fruit and as much good coffee as you can stomach in a work day.
- Pool tables, slides (we have a few of them), office scooters
- The chance to make a difference in New Zealand’s biggest online marketplace.
Trade Me is a fun, vibrant and fast-moving place to work. We’re looking for someone who’ll thrive in this environment. We operate a dynamic and unique office culture, intended to reflect and empower our values and our “informal but serious” work ethic.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital or disability status.
We are also proud to have been recognised as a finalist in IBM Kenexa Best Workplaces Award for the last seven years running.
Check out what it’s like to work Trade Me in our video and drop us a line.