The purpose of this role is to deliver on key product features that will achieve the company’s purpose, vision and commercial objectives. The individual will drive the implementation and execution of the company’s product strategy, responding to market needs and opportunities, applying technology innovation generated within the business, aligning and integrating partners, and managing the company’s product and product propositions to achieve business plan objectives.
The Product Owner will provide significant input into the Company’s product roadmap, be accountable to the Director of Product and commercial team to provide saleable and adoptable product features that meet the needs of multiple customers, and to the engineering team to deliver a structured and well defined set of requirements for delivery.
Working closely with the User Experience Lead, the role will be to ensure that features are integrated into the product in a cohesive manner that extends functionality without negatively impacting usability for all key customer personas.
The individual will also work closely with the product engineering and quality assurance teams, delivering the necessary user stories and product requirements to build product features, participate in the daily development process, and ensure timely delivery of new releases.
The Director of Product will be accountable for providing strategic requirements to the Product Owner, while the engineering team will be accountable for delivering product functionality to time and scope and to provide technology innovation and analysis. The individual will work closely with the product marketing function within the marketing team, supporting their needs for product capability and roadmap information and with their accountability to manage the documentation and communication of product capabilities and proposition to customers and partners.
Duties & Responsibilities
The core responsibilities of the Product Owner centre upon delivering on the product vision, by:
- Clearly defining the execution of the product strategy, taking input from product leadership, pre-sales, and customer success teams, and turning requests from varied stakeholders into a logical Product Roadmap, an actionable product backlog and clearly written user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Driving the product development process by working closely with software engineering, user interface and visual designers, and quality assurance personnel, ensuring product enhancements are delivered on time and as specified.
- Providing detailed reporting on the success of product enhancements through continuous measurement and understandable metrics and key performance indicators.
- Combining a comprehensive understanding of the business with guidance from business development and research teams to identify future opportunities that can be productised in a timely manner and add value to the platform.
- Consistently guiding the product engineering team with a mission of shared commitment to the product vision, leading by example and setting a high bar for deliverables and documentation.
Experience and Qualifications
- Degree in Computer science / software engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 4 years experience in a product management role
- Certified Product Owner or Scrum Master
- Experience working in Scrum environment and good knowledge of Agile methodologies
- Experience working in business-to-business markets
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal
- Excellent presentation skills
- Experience in Java and node.js preferred
- Experience working with remote teams a plus
- Previous experience as a software developer a plus
Personal attributes and other requirements
- Able to work under pressure with strong multi-tasking and organisational capabilities
- Ability to think logically and execute methodically, a creative solution-finder, technically and commercially credible, self-confident, able to work independently
- An out-going persona who is willing to learn and adapt quickly in a fast paced working environment
- A good team player with excellent communication skills and a strong commercial focus
EVRYTHNG offers a competitive salary, high earning potential and the ability to experience a high growth startup operating in the most exciting business environment around. This is not a role for a passenger but a challenging and rewarding role for a high potential candidate who wants to make a huge leap in their personal and professional development.
Join us @ EVRYTHNG
We’re building a team of passionate people who enjoy working together and we are always on the lookout for brilliant, problem-solving professionals who share our vision of a physical web with dynamic digital services and experiences connecting people and things.
Interested in applying?
To apply for this role please either send a copy of your CV along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org