We started Goodlord because we wanted to make renting simple and transparent for everyone involved: the agent, landlord and tenant. We knew generation rent would lead to more tenants, with higher digital expectations and we were confident we could provide a solution.
And we did. Like all startups it’s been a bit of a roller coaster journey, but we’re now stronger than ever, with over 650 happy customers and exciting new products. We have ambitious plans for 2020 but with William Reeve at the helm alongside co-founder Tom Mundy and a brilliant team of over 95 talented Goodlordians we are confident we’ll achieve these.
Our values guide our decisions, the way we work, our culture and the people we ask to join the team. We work hard, have fun and support each other. We’re not afraid to make mistakes (we’d never learn if we didn’t) and we’re always looking to challenge ourselves. Our style is collaboration based on honesty, friendship and respect.
It’s an exciting time here at Goodlord. If you’re inspired by what we’re doing and share our values, we’d love to hear from you.
About the Role
Goodlord’s mission is to provide the best renting experience in the world and we’re on the hunt for a Product Lead to help us achieve this.
Reporting to the CTO, this newly created role is responsible for looking after our team of smart and talented Product Managers whilst overseeing the delivery of Product roadmap, ensuring best practices are followed, milestones are being met and we are using the best tools for the job.
Although this is a people manager role you will still be hands on and be excited at the prospect of getting your ‘hands dirty’. The split will be roughly 50/50.
The day to day stuff:
No two days are ever the same at Goodlord so what you’ll be up to will vary. The pace we move at also means priorities will change and you’ll need to be comfortable with this (we’ll support you!). But these are the things that will be core to your role and will keep you busy.
- Leading and managing a team of Product managers will be a significant part of your role – you will be looking after their career aspirations and wellbeing so you should be committed to being the best leader you can be.
- Owning and maintaining overall quality of the product, embedding ‘best in class’ product development processes and practices.
- Participating in end-to-end product delivery including customer research, problem identification and prioritisation, requirements definition, measurement and analysis.
- Communicating with stakeholders across all functions of the business as well as externally in order to ensure there’s a constant flow of information between all parties.
- Collaborating with the CEO and other business stakeholders to define the strategy and roadmap for achieving our vision.
- Leading the Product team in the execution of the strategy and delivery of the agreed roadmap.
Please note that for the time being we are a remote first business and therefore you will be working remotely, however this role will be primarily office based in the near future.
You should apply if:
- You’re able to demonstrate deep commercial experience in Product Management delivering products in cross functional teams from inception to delivery to market & validation, ideally in a SaaS environment, although this is not essential.
- You’re an experienced People Lead. You have led a team of at least 2-3 people and are comfortable setting and reviewing goals & objectives, having regular feedback sessions, motivating, training and directing your team whilst looking after daily people operations – crucially you will enjoy this aspect of your role.
- You’re able to effectively communicate product decisions and rationale to stakeholders, internally and externally.
- You’re willing and able to be hands on but equally know when to step back and co-ordinate.
- You’re data focused and have experience working with qualitative and quantitative customer insights and data to inform decisions.
- You know what it’s like to work in a young company and love the vibe (and sometimes chaos!).
- Change doesn’t faze you; you take the rough with the smooth and take people with you on that journey.
- You’re energetic, creative, curious and confident.
- You get on with everyone and anyone and adapt your style to communicate most effectively with them.
- You’re full of ideas, are not shy about expressing them and get excited about executing them.
- You have a positive attitude, and work well under pressure.
- What we’re doing here at Goodlord excites you!
And it would be super great if:
- You have an understanding of the property and/or lettings space, whilst not essential will give you incredibly valuable context
Why you’ll love being a Goodlordian
Aside from the role, the people, our culture and our mission, we have some other things that make Goodlord a pretty awesome place to be. Here’s a few favourites amongst Goodlordians (check out our careers page for more info).
- Share our success: we know our success is a credit to our talented and hard-working team members so every Goodlordian has share options
- Grow with Goodlord: your development is important to us. Have a goal in mind? Share it with us and you can use your £1000 annual development fund to support it. We guarantee you’ll learn loads and develop both personally and professionally at Goodlord too!
- Your well-being matters: bi-weekly coaching with Sanctus to provide Goodlordians with a safe place to talk and support your mental health
- Unlimited holiday and flexible time off: we encourage Goodlordians to make use of their unlimited time off to enjoy the world, recharge and reboot. We also offer time off for volunteering and training, so you can give back to the community and pursue your passions
- Supporting your family: we offer Goodlordians of all genders a generous 3 months of fully-paid time off to look after their new arrivals
- Our team: we’re an energetic, sociable and talented bunch who are super passionate about what we do and determined to make a difference. We’re all in it together, we learn from each other, we’re genuine and we don’t have time for politics
Goodlord wants applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life, we are an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive environment.
In fact one of our one of our core values is Bring our whole selves to work which is really important to us, if there is anything you need to participate fully in the interview process we’d like to hear about that too, please just include it in your application. Come join us!
You MUST be eligible to live and work in the UK to be considered for this role
Strictly NO Agencies