We are building the sex, love, and intimacy superbrand of the future. Kama is a wellbeing platform based on the science-backed idea that pleasure is health. With stress being the number one proxy killer in the world today, our mental health is more important than ever. As a society, however, we too often focus on pain and look to the brain to restore balance. This is why Kama has a different approach to wellbeing. We are shifting the focus to our body and placing pleasure at the forefront of the experience, regardless of your background, sexual preferences, body type, age, or gender.
Our first product, launching publicly in August, is a sexual wellness self-discovery guide for gentle exploration, real communication, and fulfilling intimacy. We offer a personal experience that is expertly curated and backed by scientific research. More than a business, Kama is a social movement aimed at turning the biggest cultural taboo into a positive conversation by building a diverse and engaged community.
Kama was founded by Chloe Macintosh, an experienced entrepreneur who was most recently Chief Creative Officer at Soho House Group. Chloe previously co-founded Made.com, one of the fastest-growing startups in UK history. Sexual wellness has been a life-long passion for Chloe, and Kama is the product of over 15 years of self-discovery, research, and preparation. Through Kama, her mission is to help people access their pleasure.
Our investors are a diverse group of the world’s leading VC firms and influential angels, including AlleyCorp (led by Kevin Ryan, founder of MongoDB, Zola, Gilt Groupe, Business Insider), Female Founders Fund, and Raine Group.
You have experience conceptualizing and building remarkable mobile consumer products. You are ready to drive the vision and direction of the Kama product, leading the major strategic initiatives that will define our users’ experience. You will get hands-on alongside our lean team and work directly on the key initiatives that will shape our offering. Over time you will build, manage, and mentor a multidisciplinary team of product, design, and engineering talent. Your goal will be to build and deliver the best possible experiences for customers, and subsequent value for the company. You will work closely with our Creative Director, who already has a strong vision for the UI design of the app.
This role will have a direct impact on the shift in the global cultural conversation around sexuality.
- Responsible for delivery and managing the overall product creation team, including oversight of design and our external software development agency
- Crafting and executing the overall vision and strategy for the Kama product
- Responsible for owning the UX and Insights processes, and managing the Creative Director who oversees the UI
- Ownership of go-to-market strategy and process. You will be responsible for developing a repeatable process to launch new products & features, as well as defining how our product development maps to our commercial strategy
- Drive the implementation of the product roadmap by getting hands-on and involved with creation and execution
- Establish a data practice across product management measuring to objectives and key results that align with the product and business strategy
- Set the groundwork for the future Product, Engineering, and Design teams at Kama
- Be a thought partner to Chloe in the leadership of the company
- You are a proven leader with a stellar track record of building mobile-first products from concept through execution and launch
- You are a technically proficient Product expert; able to work closely with and get buy-in from engineers
- You have experience building Native and Web products
- You believe that to succeed in your role, staying hands-on and getting into the details is critical
- You understand when delegation is needed, but ultimately take ownership of everything we ship
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills that allow you to influence the team, create clarity, and drive focus on complex problems
- You have experience in building out technical teams, including overseeing the hiring of engineers
- You have high expectations for your people and set a strong example with your own output and work ethic
- You have a curiosity for the topics of sexuality, relationships, and intimacy, as well as a strong desire to positively impact the world
- You have been-there and done-that at our scale (7 employees, seed-stage startup) so you know what is coming next, but aren’t so far removed to be out of touch with the challenges that come with our unique size
If you think you would be a good fit, we would love to hear from you.