Millions of people use Roll20 [https://roll20.net/] to connect with friends, create worlds, entertain, empathize, and sometimes just play games.
We’re looking for a Product Manager who has been honing their craft, and is ready to use their experience to make the Roll20 platform easier to use, build the Roll20 community, and be the kind of coworker people would want on every team.
We’re looking for someone who is self-driven and eager to learn, who’s excited not only about bettering the product, but also self development and having fun along the way. What does this position entail?
A Roll20 Product Manager provides guidance and insight throughout the software development lifecycle of Features & Components for the Roll20 platforms by gathering and prioritizing product and user requirements and integrating priorities and processes alongside developers, production staff, marketing, and customer support.
- This role will provide horizontal leadership in cross-functional teams, but will not have specific vertical personnel management requirements at this time.
- Cultivate a deep understanding of users experience through use and comparative exploration.
- Collect and analyze feedback from users, stakeholders, and other teams to shape requirements, feature pitches, and product strategy.
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements and executable tasks. Prioritize tasks based on business and user impact.
- Work closely with developers, marketers, testers, customer experience, and others to deliver with quick-time-to-market and optimal resources.
- Act as a product evangelist to build awareness and understanding.
- Gather competitive industry analysis from various industries and provide insights to your team.
- Develop and appraise product lines and pitches for market and production viability, including reference to production costs and anticipated market demand (ROI analysis).
- Support product teams, product director, marketers, and executives with insights on key objectives and messaging.
- Schedule and assign operational requirements to follow up on work results.
- Continue professional and technical education, attending workshops, seminars, etc.
What we are looking for:
- A track record of managing all aspects of a successful product through its lifecycle.
- Noted experience with cross-functional team leadership, including planning and monitoring performance metrics for projects and personnel.
- Someone who is Metrics-driven and comfortable digging into data to tease out insights
- In-depth knowledge of Agile Scrum methods as related to product management.
- Technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies.
- Strong problem-solving ability and analytical bent.
Excellent organizational and time management skills, with attention-to-detail, timeliness, and deadline-oriented supports.
- Effective communication style in working with various stakeholders across business functions.
- Exceptional documentation skills.
- Proven work experience in product management or related practical or educational experience.
We will also look at:
- Documented growth mindset in skill-leveling and market exposure.
- MS/BS degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent related education.
- Experience in reviewing velocity metrics in development and other teams to assist in operational improvements.
- Prior long-term remote team experience.
- Knowledge of Roll20, including advanced features such as the Roll20 API.
- Ability to perform during prolonged periods working on a computer.
Roll20 staff are employed by Ritsuko Lifts, LLC. Our staff works fully remote, which promotes independent and diverse perspectives. This is a full-time exempt position. Compensation includes salary and benefits including health insurance, group life and personal accident insurance, and an employee assistance program, as well as a 401K with employer matching.