Director of Digital, London (Fitzrovia)
Who are we?
Ten is the global leader in the highest quality lifestyle and travel concierge services. We are profitable, with revenues of £30+ million and are growing at over 40% pa, led by the UK (our home market), and our 17 strong global office network. Two million wealthy people currently use our services through corporate schemes and our private membership network. We have the model, team, platform, investment and ambitions to become the world’s largest and most trusted service.
The biggest opportunities for us are being driven by digital – how we grow, manage our clientele and deliver our services. We are already online and mobile but it is early stage and we can do so much more from a successful base. Where we have launched digital (e.g. with Coutts Bank) we have already seen half of our activity migrate online. We have agreed plans to launch our digital platform to large numbers of the most valuable customers of many more of the world’s top premium brands. We already work with brands including Barclays, Ermenegildo Zegna, Investec, MasterCard, American Express, Merrill Lynch, Itau, Maserati, Conde Nast, Hilton and Swiss Card.
Our digital offering already covers travel, dining, ticketing and retail – giving our clients access, pricing and expertise that is not available to the public anywhere else. Over the next 12 – 24 months we are taking this global, whilst maintaining our premium positioning and developing further strategic partnerships to embed our ever-improving digital services into our client’s daily lives. We want to hire a Director of Digital to lead the further development of this exciting product range, and help us become one of the greatest companies and services of the next decade.
Please have a look at the following video which explains the digital service in more detail (albeit it is a little dated) https://vimeo.com/142117052. You can also explore and play around on the digital platform by clicking the following link www.tenconcierge.com and using promotional code TENM1
Who are you?
You are a tried and tested digital product leader. It will be your vision and strategic direction that guides existing digital products and services, as well as our future roadmap. You will build, lead and manage the teams to deliver a continually improving, innovative, and best-in-class digital experience. Your initial task is to take the existing platform from good to truly world class, and then develop new functionality so that we have by far the most compelling digitally driven lifestyle and travel management service available to the affluent consumer.
We are ambitious and constantly innovating which is exciting, and also challenging, meaning you must have high levels of resilience and be able to manage in a high pressure, complex environment.
- Own the digital product and service strategy/roadmap ensuring CX is ALWAYS brilliant
- Your total budget responsibility in year one will be over £1 million and we expect this to grow over time
- Lead technical collaboration with partners, blue chip corporate clients and key suppliers
- Hire, lead and manage the in-house product teams, plus outsourced development teams, deciding what to out-source and what to bring in-house as the business and our capability develops
- Work closely with the CEO and senior stakeholders from across the business
- Measure progress and results, monitoring data and user feedback, iterating constantly
- Shape new business models, research and develop further digital products to support the business. In particular we want millions of our members to use us to meet their dining, event tickets, travel and luxury retail needs. Each vertical is a different technical challenge with opportunity for some commonality around personal data use and UX.
We expect over 50% of our member’s activity to be online in 2017 and this will grow as we leverage technology better and develop AI concierge too.
You must have
- Experience recruiting and leading digital product team(s) and software developers
- Excellent communication, leadership (with ability to enthuse & motivate), and stakeholder management skills
- A proven product, data, and customer driven mentality
- Entrepreneurial drive with a geeky obsession to build the best in digital and an unhealthy obsession with future trends
- A can do attitude and be willing to get your hands dirty
Ideally you will have
- Worked within different sized organisations from startup to corporate
- At least a mid-level development background, or a computer science degree
You will be on the top team and report directly to the CEO and co-founder, Alex Cheatle. You will earn valuable options in Ten Group and a competitive salary / bonus.
How to apply
Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org . If you would like to arrange a confidential conversation about this position please send an e-mail to the above address.