Product Lead – North America
We’re looking for a product leader to join our growing North America team in New York. This role is a unique opportunity to have an impact on TransferWise’s mission, grow as a product leader, and help save millions more people money.
TransferWise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking.
We’re looking for an experienced leader to head up our growing product team in New York. This is a unique opportunity to join our mission to make money without borders instant, convenient, and eventually free for millions of people across North America.
Here’s how you’ll be contributing to the North America Team
- You’ll help customers save money by using TransferWise for their international money transfers or managing their money through our borderless account
- You’ll lead, coach and grow a multi-disciplinary team, as well as getting hand’s on to build and deliver on an ambitious vision for our products in the region
- You’ll scale a best in class product across the US and Canada
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Choose your path to impact – we believe people are most empowered when they can act autonomously. So rather than telling you what to do, you’ll work with your team to create a vision of your own. Of course, you can always gather feedback from smart, curious people across TransferWise but you’ll have the freedom to make your own calls
- Grow as a leader – build your team and inspire them to join our mission
- Be part of our mission to make money without borders the new normal
- You understand how to build products and teams from the ground up
- You have empathy for your customers and can quickly identify the problems worth solving, explaining your rationale with data (rather than assumptions and truisms)
- You can clearly articulate and measure the customer value of the things you and your team build and launch
- You can lead people and build teams that deliver at scale – whether that is hiring for new talent or getting the best out of the existing team
- You see opportunities, not blockers and are able to inspire your team to dream big, align on a vision and find a clear path to get there
- You prioritize based on the value you add for customers
- You understand technology and how to build products well enough to be able to help the team know when to invest in tech debt reduction, bugs or new features (you’re able to judge when an MVP stops being good enough, but you do not have to have an engineering background)
- You are hands-on and enjoy solving problems and getting things shipped by yourself as well. You may have used SQL, written code, or been the stand-in designer in a previous role. Everyone at TransferWise gets involved in executing projects, even our CEO!
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.