Springer Nature is a major new force in scientific, scholarly, professional and educational publishing. By using its combined expertise, scale and the reach of our brands, the company aims to grow and innovate in order to better serve academic researchers, students, teachers, institutions, professionals and the wider public, by helping them discover more. Springer Nature was created through the combination of Nature Publishing Group, Palgrave Macmillan, Macmillan Education and Springer Science+Business Media in May 2015. This strategic merger brought together these dynamic publishing houses with more than 150 years of history behind them, as well as complementary geographic footprints and brand portfolios, a track record of creativity and innovation, and a shared vision to advance knowledge and learning around the world. The company numbers almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries and has a turnover of EURO 1.5 billion.
This role will be the expert in understanding and improving customer touch points and relationships, in order to drive marketing leads and maximise sales growth via effective use of the company CRM, ensuring all revenue opportunities are documented and optimized.
Furthermore, it will have a 360 view of the overall needs and expectations from all sales teams, and will be the main conduit for the team, working collaboratively with IT teams and other business units to ensure the CRM solution meets the particular needs of the business.
· Review the requirements for a CRM database and develop an implementation plan to ensure consistent and effective use and understanding across the teams
· Ensure the CRM provides an effective sales funnel and efficient sales process
· Be responsible for solving any CRM issues either directly or through IT colleagues across the business
· Be a champion for customer data quality, ensuring that all CRM users understand the importance of good data and data governance
· Oversee an NRG internal CRM Solution user group to ensure that knowledge is shared amongst the department
· Create training materials and offer training to internal users
· Work with IT and other CRM users across the company to define requirements for effective use of the CRM and its global infrastructure.
· Ensure return on investment through KPIs and performance metrics
· Working with IT, external agencies, and suppliers to ensure the successful delivery of the CRM plan
· Working with Marketing colleagues in planning, managing and delivering multi-channel, CRM marketing campaigns
· Segmenting of the CRM to enable tailored and relevant marketing messages to customers
· Work closely with the NRG Senior team in implementing a successful lead generation program
· Be a champion for sharing digital marketing expertise and tools within the NRG teams
Applicants should be:
· Comfortable with implementing CRM, and have excellent technical knowledge of CRM and analytical systems (ideally Salesforce and SAP)
· Happy working with a strong commercial outlook and the have ability to manage project delivery through internal and external stakeholders
· Fluent with CRM principles in both a B2B and B2C environment, marketing technologies and wider marketing principles
· Experienced working in Publishing, Marketing, Advertising, Media operations
· An excellent collaborator, with keen influencing and motivational skills
· Able to understand technical jargon and simplify this into plain language
· Capable of solving complex and detailed problems using an analytical and data driven approach
· Familiar with the creation of convincing business cases to help visualize ideas and business benefits