gohenry is adding a high-profile role to its Product team, focusing on a new area of strategic growth for the business.
As Product Manager – Family Finance, you will be responsible for the integration of third-party products into the gohenry mobile product to expand the offering to gohenry’s 1,000,000+ paying subscribers and to generate a new revenue stream for the business. The product range will include, but will not be limited to: savings, insurance, loans, mortgages, utilities, family offers, and some non-financial products.
Working with a “full-stack”, cross-functional Product team, reporting to the Head of Product & Design, you will have the opportunity to influence, shape and deliver this key new aspect of the gohenry product. On a day-to-day basis, you will work closely with the Chief Commercial Officer (CCO) to prioritise, implement and measure the uptake and success of the third-party products.
What you’ll do
Your key responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
Customer insight & evangelist
- Develop a deep understanding of our customers’ needs, personas and sensibilities using direct communication, social feedback, analytics, market data, helpdesk and other sources of input
- Be clear on which customer insights will help achieve the Family Finance objectives
Work with the Research team to gain a firsthand understanding of our customers
- Be a voice of the customer within the business
Strive every day to ensure the product is more loved by customers than it was the day before
Strategy and roadmap
- Manage the Product Roadmap for Family Finance; work closely with the CCO to ensure that priorities, initiatives and roadmap are well-founded
- Conceive and create exceptional ideas and solutions
- Communicate and present the roadmap and achievements, backed by data, in the quarterly Product Board
- Create minimum viable features quickly and then test and iterate towards the optimum solution, ensuring that regulatory and operational requirements are met
Project-manage the lifecycle of feature delivery
- Work with the UX/UI designers to deliver an amazing customer experience
- Create and document user stories and detailed functional specifications for rapid development
- Work closely with developers and QA to drive high-quality delivery of the product
- Perform user acceptance testing of new features
- Continuously improve the delivery processes and tools/techniques used
- Work closely with the Marketing and CRM teams to create launch and ongoing marketing plans
- Continually iterate, testing customer comms, notifications and outreach to drive adoption
Measurement & continuous improvement
- Define OKRs and success metrics, track progress and measure impact
- Experiment continuously and improve measurable growth
Tune the Family Finance roadmap based on meaningful analysis of what is happening
- Consistently evaluate our capabilities and approach against industry-leading standards
What we’re looking for
- 5+ years as a Product Manager in a digital/mobile environment, with experience in integrating third-party products, ideally in fintech / Open Banking, or building out new financial product sign-up flows from scratch
- Background in financial services and financial B2C technology
- Interest in and understanding of Open Banking, ideally some experience in this area
- Demonstrably strong technical grounding with the ability to input directly into the development process and specify requirements with precision, create Jira tickets, etc
- Track record of being highly data-driven, using metrics to shape improvements to product and business performance – experience in SQL, Mixpanel, data tools is an advantage
- Keen commercial awareness and enthusiasm for driving commercial as well as product metrics
- Proven ability to take an idea through design, delivery and optimisation
- Hugely customer-focused with a passion for great customer journeys
- Experience in Agile practices and production of detailed user stories / functional specifications
- Motivated self-starter who takes full ownership of and pride in their work
- Results-oriented, with a strong sense of purpose and high integrity
- Used to working successfully under tight project deadlines
Good leadership, internal collaboration, project management and communication skills
- Strong team player, ability to work in cross-functional teams with marketing, design, engineering, operations and partners
What we are offering
- Competitive salary, working full-time hours
- We support flexible and remote working
- Free tea and coffee and loads of fruit
- Workplace pension scheme
- 25 days’ paid holiday a year
- Westfield Cash Health Plan
- Westfield Surgery Plan after 3 years’ service
- Westfield Perks
- Training opportunities to further develop your craft
- Choose your own equipment
We’re on a mission to make every kid good with money. Our goal? Create generations of independent, confident young adults, armed with money skills that will set them up for life.
We place the power in the hands of young people, giving them the tools they need to master the financial ropes for themselves. They can spend, save, earn and give with gohenry’s prepaid debit card and app – because learning through doing really works (and it’s more fun!). All while our unique built-in controls give parents total peace of mind.
We’re proud to say…
- We help over one million members improve their money skills every single day.
- We’re one of Tech Track’s top 50 fastest growing UK companies.
- And we were nominated for ‘Best Personal Finance App’ at the British Bank Awards 2020.
But we’re still growing, and that’s why we need you.
Want to join our mission?
If gohenry sounds like a place you’d like to be, get in touch!