We’re looking for someone to help drive internal tools and technologies at Cazoo. You will support the Product Manager you work with, and help them articulate and design software and services to meet customer needs from end-to-end. If you like user journeys, service blueprints, and the feeling of delivering great software this might be the perfect role for you
What you’ll be doing
At Cazoo, design is part of balanced teams, and you’ll work directly in a product squad with product managers, developers, and content designers. This role is focused on internal technologies for Logistics and Operations. You will facilitate discovery for internal tools research with a product team and team up on the roadmap.
You will assure the quality of design across Operations and internal tools teams, balancing the needs of our users with needs of the business.
To make sure our customers get the best outcomes, we ask that each designer on the team do the following:
- Understand user needs and design services around those needs
Design whole services to make things easier and simpler for users across the value chain
- Support your product team by exploring and validating design ideas
- Ensure we solve the right problems by working closely with product managers and stakeholders
Create ‘works like’ prototypes that help us validate ideas using industry-standard tools like Figma, Framer, or Invision.
- You will be laser focused on team alignment and strategy, and help the team succeed across multiple inter-dependent needs
- You are responsible for running research sessions and synthesis with the product team
Key Skills and Experience
This role is for an expert practitioner, with experience of large-scale and complex projects. You should be able to get stuck in and drive results quickly and effectively.
- Experienced in service design at a senior practitioner level, and have a solid understanding of interaction design
Specialised in user-centred design practices, with a focus on accessibility and inclusive design in agile, multidisciplinary teams
- You demonstrate a working knowledge of product design in a software team, including how you handle dev constraints, regulatory constraints, and stakeholder feedback.
- You can deliver design across any stage of the product lifecycle, from idea sketching and lo-fi prototypes, to high fidelity design, you’re very comfortable with all of it.
- You nurture agreement in teams by having a developed toolkit of product discovery techniques and workshops to help facilitate design discussions and get people aligned on the problem.
What you’ll get from us
Cazoo is a growing startup that’s well funded and committed to diversity and inclusion. We’re building one of the best places to work in the UK. Here’s what you can expect if you join us:
This is an opportunity for you to be involved in building cutting edge solutions and supporting a culture of engineering excellence, working on entirely greenfield projects at a well-funded startup.
You will be supported by a coaching team, which includes international conference speakers, dedicated to supporting your development and helping you achieve your goals. The coaches cover technical, quality and agile delivery aspects.
At Cazoo, you will be an integral part of a team creating a highly visible and tangible product that’s seeking to change and replace a painful process that almost everyone has to contend with at some point in their life.
Given the growth we expect to see over the next few years there will undoubtedly be opportunities to progress your career.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits including eligibility for equity.
Our London home is located a stone’s throw from Euston Station and close to Kings Cross, with tube stations on the Northern, Victoria, Piccadilly, Hammersmith & City and Circle lines all a short walk away.
Our selection process will typically involve a chat on the phone, a portfolio review and a few hours of interviews where you’ll have a chance to meet the team. Our interview process is built around understanding your experience and focus as a designer, not making you sweat or catching you out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusivity. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, age, sexual orientation, colour, religion, national origin, disability status or marital status.