ABOUT POLYMATH VENTURES
We are The Venture Studio for Latin America. We are a group of entrepreneurs building digital platforms to empower the middle-class of Latin America.
We empower the Latin American middle-class through intentionally designed solutions that give fair access to quality services and better income-generating opportunities. We believe that this is the best way for sustainable economic development — and the most meaningful way to invest our talent and energy.
WHAT IS THE SERVICE DESIGNER FELLOWSHIP?
The objective of the Service Design Fellowship (SDF) is to strengthen our team’s design capabilities to create and launch a new venture with one of our corporate partners. During the SDF you will have the opportunity to be part of a small, elite team of business and design thinkers that will work together to build products and services for the middle class of Latin America.
The journey will kick-off from the startup creation process, providing Fellows with extraordinary insight into early-stage (pre-launch) venture design, where we deploy proprietary methodologies that cover human-centered design, lean prototyping, and experimentation, and business modeling. Fellows will gain first-hand exposure to bringing a venture design into reality and will gain a deep understanding of early-stage prioritization, ops, team building, organization structure, project management, and rapid learning cycles.
Duration: SDF will last 6 months (beginning in August 2020), with the opportunity to extend to full-time employment as part of the Polymath team.
Location: This fellowship will take place in Bogota, Colombia, home of our new headquarters. Joining us at our office will give direct access to our work dynamic, experience our culture, and learn from our ventures, which also share the building with us.
For international applicants, we will allow remote work until aerial operations are resumed in the country.
WHO ARE SERVICE DESIGNERS WITHIN POLYMATH?
As a Service Designer, you are part of the 0 to 1 talent in the Polymath organization. We need top-caliber service designers to lead the understanding of customer needs, preferences, and behaviors that will help us discover the insights to create impactful products and services. We will count on you to craft the path our users will take and define the various touch-points that shape the experience of the solutions we build.
You will work at the intersection of design and business, alongside Polymath leaders and our corporate partners to build new and disruptive ventures from scratch. You will be fully integrated within a Polymath project, leading all user-centric research and understanding and thereby contributing to steering the direction of the company.
WHY BUILD WITH US?
- Join one of the most talented teams in Latin America with the right methodology to dramatically increase the likelihood of startup success
- Build something important that impacts customers’ lives and employs 1000’s of people
- See the direct results of every ounce of sweat (and tears)
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- 4+ years of working experience
- Robust experience in Design Projects from a strategic role
- BA or BS from a top school in your field
- Experience in high-growth environments is a plus
- Experience or strong desire to work in developing countries
- Impact-driven, analytical and creative
- Great risk appetite and ambition to build big
- Fluency in English and Spanish
- Full-time commitment starting in August 2020
- A portfolio displaying your work