Limelight’s mission is to expand opportunities for skilled trade workers in America. To achieve this, we are building a focused marketplace to match candidates with employers.
We are seeking a Senior Product Manager to join our mission, and to build delightful digital experiences for employers and candidates. As the first PM, you’ll work closely with the founding team and influence the overall product vision. You’ll build the consumer-facing candidate experience, and improve and shape the future of employer products.
If you are an entrepreneurial PM who wants to solve a challenging and meaningful problem in our society, work with a talented and tight-knit team, and grow with Limelight, then keep reading!
Your Key Responsibilities
Product Strategy and Execution
- Own vision, strategy, and roadmap for candidate and employer products; rally the scrum team behind the roadmap, set goals and ship the roadmap
- Collaborate with Operations team to drive Candidate KPIs; work with Customer Success to drive employer KPIs
- Articulate business outcomes and user benefits of proposed priorities to various audiences, ranging from leadership to scrum team
- Research, synthesize, and communicate user and market insights; partner with Product Design to conduct continuous user research and distill findings
- Translate “What” to build into PRDs, user stories, and epics; prioritize what goes into a sprint, and groom the backlog
- Contribute to go-to-market plans and collaterals
Proess: Partner with Engineering and Design to co-create and implement product development rhythm for Limelight; collaborate with Head of Product to create key product management templates and light process playbooks
People: this is an individual contributor role today. As an early employee, you will lead by example and have the opportunity to mentor and lead as Limelight grows.
What you bring to the table
- Minimum 5+ years product management experience building B2B and consumer facing web and mobile products in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in building marketplace or HR tech products is a plus
- Proven track record of building products external and internal users love
- Experience running user interviewers and user testing; strong understanding of user interaction, design, and research
- Experience with Lean and Agile processes; familiarity with JIRA and Confluence
- Strong analytical chops. You find a way to get users data you need and generate insights on user behavior. Proficiency in SQL, Excel, Google Analytics, and other analysis tools
The right person for this role
- You are intellectually curious and honest
- You advocate for the user; you want to experience employers and candidates’ pain points first hand in order to solve them
- You take ownership and have high-standards for your work
- You are organized and a clear communicator
- You are positive, resilient, and display flexibility when problem solving and receiving feedback
- You have a bias towards action; a ‘get it done’ mentality.
- You want to build a high-quality and meaningful product, and a big company