Over the past few years the huge increase in the volume, velocity and variety of information has shaken up the chemical sciences, we aim to provide resources and tools to help navigate the complex and evolving chemistry landscape. In the UK, we are the largest non-governmental funder of chemistry education and we influence government policy to ensure that opportunities to develop skills meet the unique needs of chemistry. We provide advice, resources, and practical support to learners and educators in schools, colleges, and universities around the world.
To support development of our educational resources we are looking for a Product Development Manager, Education. Your responsibility will be to oversee all development and manage the roadmap for the Education software product lines to create and deliver superior customer experience while simultaneously providing long-term value.
You will be an experienced Product Development Manager and demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Management: Demonstrable experience in technical product management while demonstrating a business outcomes approach to work.
- Business: High degree of commercial acumen and entrepreneurial spirit to ensure products deliver on-going sales growth.
- Technology: An understanding of the technologies required to build a product and how they fit together. The ability to understand technology trends and see how it impacts the product roadmap and drives innovation.
- Technology: Excellent working relationships with development teams (in-house or external suppliers) to communicate and deliver on requirements is essential.
- User Experience: Exemplary customer focus and a passion for delivering products that will delight customers. The ability to translate complex issues in terms of customer needs.
- Domain knowledge: Extensive experience of STM market and a deep understanding of how certain customer segments consume chemical sciences information.
- Communication and Relationship Building: Excellent communication skills to sell the product vision at all levels from end-users to senior managers.
- Negotiating and Influencing: Strong negotiation and persuasion skills and the ability to lead multiple projects within a matrix environment.
A not-for-profit organisation with a heritage that spans 175 years, the RSC has an ambitious international vision for the future. As a professional body and as a publisher, we invest in educating future generations of scientists. We raise and maintain standards. We partner with industry and academia, promoting collaboration and innovation. We advise governments on policy, and we promote the talent, information and ideas that lead to great advances in science.