Hiring (and being hired) is one of the most important things we do, but humans are frankly terrible at it. We look for the wrong things, we’re biased, and we don’t follow the data.
Applied is on a mission to help organisations hire the best person for the job, regardless of race, gender or background. Our platform helps teams manage their hiring process with more precision and less bias. Everything is measured so teams can understand what works and that allows them to constantly measure, improve and give candidates useful feedback!
We’re lucky enough to be scaling the business and need a Chief Product Officer to work within our exceptional executive team. We have a tool that has the ability to impact millions of jobs and lives. In light of that, we need someone who is strategic, user focused, revenue focused, and wants to leave the world just a little better than they found it.
This is your chance to get in on the ground floor of a fast growing, investor-backed start-up and be part of changing the way hiring is done on a global scale. You can read more about us in the New York Times, Harvard Business Review, TechCrunch and New Scientist.
The job opportunity
We’re looking for a Chief Product Officer who is knowledgeable and passionate about Product Led Growth (PLG) and wants to build the company via the product vertical.
CPO at Applied should:
- Be passionate about building a product vision and executing on it
- Be able to build a product organisation from the ground up, hiring and structuring the product org
- Drive and own product development with a focus on revenues and go to market strategy. This includes owning strategic roadmapping against the commercial priorities
- Love using data to guide action and be adept at building product analytics
- Have a ‘product sense’ – love building products / designs that delight our users and simultaneously create new growth opportunities
- Be user centric – not afraid to talk to your end users day in and day out and be able to synthesise those findings for roadmap
- Be accountable for setting product quality standards and product delivery standards
- Always researching and bringing forward new ideas for product innovation, guerilla testing, marketing and growth hacks
Be able to market and evangelise the product by doing events, coordinating marketing comms, demos, launches, press events etc
- More tactically, be able to break down user stories for the tech team to ship code
In your first 6 months at Applied:
- You will help great companies hire wonderful people while also helping a group of diverse applicants get the opportunity to land the role of their dreams. Your responsibilities will include
- Meeting some of our lovely customers. We love meeting our users and you’ll speak with a selection of them to learn what they think is awesome (and what needs improvement) about Applied.
- Helping build our pillars of product led growth – marketing, sales and product intersection
- Helping us super charge the free trial journey and build product feedback loops that can catapult Applied’s growth in the most efficient way
- Help evangelise the product, as we create our own category in hiring decisions
- Help define a roadmap for our Product Led Growth future, execute on the most important projects and hold the team to account
Like the rest of the Applied team members you’ll benefit from:
- Equity in the business
- Wellbeing benefit
- Flexible / partially remote working options
- Involved in other aspects of the business, from strategy, management and training, to shaping team culture
- Being part of something that’s both commercially successful but also socially important
What are the next steps?
You don’t need a CV, just your brain
To get started, pop your email in the top right of this page.
Instead of submitting a CV, you’ll answer some questions that are related to the job. After the job closes, your answers will go through our sift process: all answers will be anonymised, randomised and then reviewed by a panel of reviewers.
If you are shortlisted, we’ll invite you to interview, which will also be managed through our platform. Also, we love giving feedback, so at the end you’ll see how well you performed at each stage of the application process.
Right to work: We do NOT provide visas so please only apply if you have a right to work in the UK.
Expected duration of this application process: 2 months.