We are the Royal Pharmaceutical Society (RPS), the professional leadership body for pharmacists and pharmacy in Great Britain. Our mission is to put pharmacy at the forefront of healthcare. Our vision is to be the world leader in the safe and effective use of medicines.
We are looking for a customer-centric and tech-savvy Product Manager to join our Product Team to work collaboratively with developers and stakeholders on building valuable features, identifying new market opportunities and driving awareness internally and externally about our product capabilities.
The Product Manager will play a key role in the lifecycle management of a number of products within our portfolio, which includes content platforms, apps, APIs as well as ecommerce and product websites.
In this role you will be expected to demonstrate a high degree of commercial acumen, love technology and genuinely enjoy solving business problems. The Product Manager will be responsible for defining and delivering the product roadmap, which includes the identification of market trends, design of appropriate business solutions, planning of the product development and working closely with sales and marketing teams on the implementation of go-to-market activities.
Reporting to the Head of Product the job holder will drive feature development priorities in line with the product strategy and user feedback, working with stakeholders and technology colleagues to determine sprint requirements.
What we need
- Experience of developing and delivering software products for a regulated market; two years of product management experience, working closely with technical development teams using Agile methodologies
- High degree of commercial acumen and entrepreneurial spirit to ensure successful product delivery
- Exemplary customer focus and experience in translating customer and business needs into requirements
- Excellent communication skills to sell product visions to a broad audience ranging from end-users to senior managers
- Strong negotiation and persuasion skills
What we offer
We have a friendly and collaborative work environment with an attractive remuneration package. Benefits include excellent work life balance, professional learning and development opportunities, 33 days holiday, with the option to purchase additional annual leave, Ride2work, subsided prices at our onsite restaurant, interest free season ticket loans and enhanced maternity, paternity & adoption pay.
We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic candidates and people of all abilities
Applications close 11 September 2020.