Hiring (and being hired) is one of the most important things we do, but humans are frankly terrible at it. We look for the wrong things, we’re biased, and we don’t follow the data.
Applied is on a mission to help organisations hire the best person for the job, regardless of race, gender or background. Our platform helps teams manage their hiring process with more precision and less bias. Everything is measured so teams can understand what works and that allows them to constantly measure, improve and give candidates useful feedback!
We’ve proved that it’s a better way to hire, for all involved.
We’re lucky enough to be scaling the business and need a Senior Product Designer to work within our Product team. We need teams who are user-driven, creative and want to leave the world just a little better than they found it.
This is your chance to get in on the ground floor of a fast growing, investor-backed start-up and be part of changing the way hiring is done on a global scale. You can read more about us in the New York Times, Harvard Business Review, TechCrunch and New Scientist.
The job opportunity
We’re looking for a Lead Product designer who is knowledgeable and passionate about Product Led Growth (PLG) and loves designing products with the user in mind. We have a web app and believe the best designs are those that are simple, intuitive, delightful and solve the core user pain point. They will work directly with the Chief Product Officer and have a sizeable input into all things product!
Our product designer should:
- Be passionate about making products that delight our users
- Love using data to guide action (but know that nothing can beat talking to users, always balancing qualitative with the quantitative)
- Working with the CPO & the Customer success teams to define the customer & business problems
- Wire-framing (both hi fidelity and low fidelity depending on task) and validating the design solutions
- Helping break down user stories and design for the tech team to write code
- Identifying success metrics – how do you know the designs have been successful in solving the customer issue or not
- Running user testing workshops and guerrilla testing
- Participating in ongoing design reviews and iterations during the sprint
- Reviewing the performance of the release and identify learnings and build hypotheses
- Building the design systems
- Understanding technical constraints and implications of their designs
- Always keeping in mind our customers and their pain points
In your first 6 months at Applied you’ll:
- Meet some of our lovely customers. We love meeting our users and you’ll get a chance to learn what they think is awesome (and not so awesome) about Applied
- Help us build a simpler user onboarding in a product-led-growth world
- Help improve user experience in our Webapp (we have a mobile responsive WebApp)
- Help us prioritise between UX design for new features vs simplifying older UX designs
- Work on both hi-fi and low-fi designs and collaborate with all teams to come up with most simple/delightful solutions for features
- Help break down the user stories for tech to implement
Like the rest of the Applied team members you’ll benefit from:
- Equity in the business
- wellbeing benefit
- Flexible / partially remote working options
- Involved in other aspects of the business, from strategy, management and training, to shaping team culture
- Being part of something that’s both commercially successful and socially important
What are the next steps?
You don’t need a CV, just your brain
To get started, pop your email in the top right of this page.
Instead of submitting a CV, you’ll answer some questions that are related to the job. After the job closes, your answers will go through our sift process: all answers will be anonymised, randomised and then reviewed by a panel of reviewers.
If you are shortlisted, we’ll invite you to interview, which will also be managed through our platform. Also, we love giving feedback, so at the end you’ll see how well you performed at each stage of the application process.
Right to work: We do NOT provide visas so please only apply if you have a right to work in the UK.
Expected duration of this application process: 2 months