Who we are:
Chiaro is a fast growing central London based startup pioneering smarter technology for women. We launched our first groundbreaking product – Elvie, in October 2015 and have seen women, media, health professionals & retailers fall in love with this “game-changer” in women’s health & wellness. Chiaro is a collection of smart and motivated team members including cofounders Tania Boler, women’s health expert and previously Global Director of Research and Innovation at Marie Stopes International. Alongside Alex Asseily, founder of Jawbone, $3 billion wearable technology company who released the award winning Jambox and Up bands. With a focus on creating innovative and impactful technologies, we are searching for a Product Design Engineer to join our award winning team (including a Red Dot award 2016! ).
Who you are:
You are a Product Design Engineer with a passion for solving problems and a key eye for a solid design process. You are mechanically inclined tempered with an eye for form and beauty and are enthused by the idea of working in a startup, revolutionizing product markets. If you are someone who is able to hone your analytical skills to quickly learn new topics, can generate innovative concepts that explore the potential of a product and can logical work through these, we would love to hear from you.
- Collaborate with a range of teams to develop reliable products with real world impact
- Collaborate and own design process from basic concepts to production representative prototypes
- Work with design and marketing teams to understand user needs
- Split time equally between investigating new products and current production line
- Test prototypes effectively to identify user requirements
- Define technical opportunities and market trends
- Visualize the core brand across different products
- Apply your knowledge in production technology, materials and finishes to challenge constraints and push boundaries of design.
- Degree in Product Design Engineering or similar
- Appreciation for all stakeholders involved in new product development
- 3+ years of industry design experience
- Experience using 3D CAD (preferred Solidworks experience)
- Proven ability to manage medium sized assemblies
- Experience rapid prototyping and manual workshop prototyping
- Excellent communication
- Effectively be able to work across teams with different decisions makers
- You are a self starter with great visual and verbal communication skills
What we can offer:
- A dedicated and passionate team who are also great fun!
- Chance to design products which have real world impact
- Chance to work with a team who have won the Product Design Red Dot award 2016
- Central London office space with workshops on site
- Share options
- Macbook Pro
- As much tea and coffee as you can consume!
- Beer Fridays!
You must be legally able to work in the United Kingdom.
We will require to see a CV, Covering letter and portfolio (this can be web based or PDF, max 5mb)