Product Managers at Shopify help teams of engineers, designers, and more move towards one common goal: to make commerce better for everyone. Within the product management group at Shopify, this role falls right under the Channels team.
Shopify has these things called Channels. Channels are things that people buy from and we have many types of Channels at Shopify: Online Store, Point of Sale, Buy Button, Mobile App, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Messenger, and more.
We want you to be the new owner of our Online Store channel. The core team is in Montreal but you’ll work closely with all our offices. This was our first and is still our biggest Channel at Shopify! However, it is also a very complex Channel that many of our merchants struggle with. We need you to fix that.
Join Shopify to help us make commerce better for everyone and to do your life’s best work.
You’ll need to:
- Have taken products from idea to market
- Be genuinely excited about solving customer problems
- Empathize with the user and use data to inform product decisions
- Default to action and help your team do the same
- Be a team player, coach, and referee all-in-one
- Have great communication skills
- Work well with stakeholders from multiple disciplines
- Be a problem solver
- Collaborate with designers, developers, marketers, and customers
It’d be great if you had experience with:
- Building delightful tech products
- Full-time entrepreneurship
- Running an ecommerce business
- Product growth and marketing (If this is what you’re most passionate about, then you may be interested in the Product Growth Manager role)
- Some of the following industries: commerce, gaming, UX and design, retail
Shopify is the leading cloud-based, multichannel commerce platform designed for small and medium-sized businesses. Merchants can use the software to design, set up, and manage their stores across multiple sales channels, including web, mobile, social media, marketplaces, brick-and-mortar locations, and pop-up shops. The platform also provides merchants with a powerful back-office and a single view of their business. The Shopify platform was engineered for reliability and scale, using enterprise-level technology made available to businesses of all sizes. Shopify currently powers over 275,000 businesses in approximately 150 countries and is trusted by brands such as Tesla Motors, Budweiser, Red Bull, LA Lakers, the New York Stock Exchange, GoldieBlox, and many more.
In addition to our perks and benefits, you will:
- Be building on the leading cloud-based, multichannel commerce platform designed for small and medium-sized businesses
- Have a huge canvas and the autonomy and support to ship boldly
- Experience some of the most challenging problems of your career
- See inevitable opportunities to have a huge impact on the 275,000+ businesses in approximately 150 countries who use our platform
…and more #lifeatshopify