Research Now Group, Inc. (“Research Now”) is the global leader in powering business insights through online and mobile survey data collection, with 3,000 clients across market research firms, consulting firms, corporations and media agencies. With a unique panel sponsor model allowing clients to source panelist from its pool of over 8 million active panel members, Research Now collected over 125 million surveys finishes in 2015. Founded in 1999 and based in Dallas, TX, Research Now’s revenues are in excess of $300 million and have consistently outpaced the market research industry growth rate. The company has approximately 1,500 employees operating in more than 35 countries, from 21 offices around the globe and is recognized as the quality, scale, and customer satisfaction leader in its industry.
Working closely with the Chief Executive Officer, the SVP, Product Development will take over the day-to-day product engineering, product management and product marketing leadership for Research Now.
The responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Implementing the strategy, process and human capital capable of supporting a scalable, functional and reliable product offering that increases Research Now company success.
- Focusing on innovation, emerging technologies and making recommendations on the strategic use of technology for accelerating business results.
- Overseeing the translation of product strategy into plans and assess product development trade-offs to develop and deliver high- quality products on time and within budget.
- Developing/collaborating on a product technology roadmap that is capable of scale, identifying potential areas of risk while meeting business and technology needs.
- Working with executive management, sales and marketing to understand business drivers, market requirements and competitive issues, establish product strategy, and promote value of new product capabilities.
- Product Strategy: Determining the 3-year core strategic vision for where Research Now will compete, how they will compete and why they will be successful in achieving the business goals.
- Product Planning and lifecycle: Translating strategy into a roadmap and working with engineering teams to articulate requirements.
- Team Management: Build an organization capable of driving product initiatives successfully across the company. Recruit, select, develop, coach and counsel a strong product line team. Develop team accountabilities and performance expectations.
The SVP, Product Development that Research Now is seeking will be first and foremost a highly effective business and product leader who excels in a high paced company with high expectations. Specifically, the successful candidate will have the following characteristics
- The SVP, Product Development must have demonstrated experience successfully bringing innovative products to market in ground zero starts and globally distributed, cross-functional product organization market leaders.
- Must have experience creating differentiation and competitive advantage through architecture, system, solution, and application strategies.
- The successful candidate will have a strong track record of delivering highly competitive (disruptive) products while meeting or exceeding revenue, margin and delivery commitments.
- Proven track record of launching and managing multiple successful enterprise product lines in an organization that utilizes the Agile development methodology. It is imperative that this candidate has experience with designing and developing global products.
- A track record of success building market-leading products, especially at enterprise software companies known for building great relationships with customers.
- An innate understanding of technology and how to use it to provide competitive advantage that translates into building outstanding products.
- Research Now attracts people who are bright, ambitious and confident, with an extremely strong desire to win. The successful candidate will be smart, candid, direct and non- political, with a highly developed sense of ethics, energy, confidence, creativity and ambition. A team-oriented, assertive personal style; highly developed interpersonal skills, adept as an influencer and negotiator.
The ideal candidate will be a team builder, team player and a leader. The ideal candidate will have the personal drive, passion and enthusiasm to both understand and successfully navigate a fast-growing company striving toward market leadership in an evolving marketplace.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or equivalent. MBA or advanced degree highly desirable.