At ASOS we build our technology in-house to help us stay close to our Customers. We work in cross-functional, cross-discipline Product Teams to deliver world-class experiences.
We put our Customers first, leading the way with innovative features and a mobile first approach. We build products that excite our Customers, increasing engagement and making it easier to shop and grow advocacy for the brand. ASOS products, content and community are the lifeblood of who we are; we take pride in the initiatives we launch and our obsession with constant innovation makes ASOS stand out from the crowd.
As a Senior Product Manager here at ASOS, you will play a crucial part in the delivery of world class digital products, reporting to the Head of Product & UX within our Digital Experience team.
What you’ll be doing:
- Have responsibility for the full life cycle of your products; leading the ideation, validation, technical development, launch and continuous improvement.
- Owning multi discipline product roadmaps, managing dependencies and leveraging functionality or knowledge from other products and programmes.
- Representing the customer while partnering with the business and technology to break complex problems down into achievable initiatives.
- Working collaboratively to establish a shared vision across the company, coordinate consensus on priorities and communicate the ongoing product development journey to stakeholders.
- Using customer insight and analytics to validate customer problems and solutions throughout the product development process.
- Governing the product backlog and communicate release plans.
- Working with the Digital Analtyics team on the derivation of key KPIs for success and with the Finance team on forecasting ROI. Work closely with the rest of the Digital Experience teams to constantly improve the performance of your products; using creative means to bring innovative products to market to test and validate with our customers.
- Liaising with international teams to ensure all market specific requirements are captured, international product launches are well considered, and phased according to priorities.
- Participating in RFP and SOW processes with external partners, ensuring full product brief and priorities have been captured effectively, and the right partner is being engaged.
Who we’d like to meet:
- A strong understanding of the technical architecture of complex web applications.
- Exceptional communicator; skilled at producing and presenting concise and informative presentations demonstrating vision, progress, and plan for execution to senior management and executive level.
- The ability to quickly gain a thorough understanding of the competitive landscape; ability to recognise game changing innovations and introduce relevant products to the ASOS portfolio.
- The ability to switch between the strategic visioning and the detail, being the authority in all aspects of your product area.
- Organisation skills, who is a pragmatic decision maker. Resolves conflicts by making use of your analytical mind and creative problem solving skills.
- Confidence in your approach to challenges, tackling resolutions with a positive and proactive mindset; proficient in working independently and multi-tasking.
- An innate sense of what makes a successful user experience.
- A Results focus, with excellent interpersonal skills to keep people energised, positive and focussed on delivering value.
- A passion for fashion, retail and e-commerce
- Experience working in Product Management or Product Design .
- BA/BS in computer science, software engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- Certified Scrum Product Owner or proven experience in mature Agile environments.
- Demonstrable experience of bringing products to market and the management of full end to end product development process.
- Demonstrable ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast paced environment.
- Experience in contributing to business cases, ROI creation and budget management.
- Experience in line management and mentoring; and a track record demonstrating multi discipline/department management.