Will you join us on a journey to disrupt the trillion-dollar travel industry? We are looking for the best and brightest who share our passion for travellers, data and product.
FindHotel believes travel is the one thing that opens minds to new ideas, cultures, and ways of thinking. Our mission is to get every traveller in the world the best accommodation deal. From adventure travel and backpacking to honeymoons and family vacations, we genuinely care so that every traveller can make the best-informed accommodation choice at the absolute best conditions for every trip.
We are looking for an experienced and motivated Technical Product Owner to own our booking engine that enables our customer to search, book, pay and manage their accommodation bookings. The team and the product are in the heart of FindHotel.net ability to offer great deals to customers, and you’ll be responsible for improving our offering, creating new capabilities and ensuring that we can provide industry-leading booking capabilities.
What you will actually be doing / responsibilities
- Own our booking engine product, end-to-end.
Working with the rest of the business and the leadership team to understand product challenges and set the team’s priorities.
- Own and define the product strategy and roadmap, balancing the different needs.
- Define KPIs and ensure that the product meets its goals, both quantitative and qualitative.
- Own the booking engine backlog and service towards its clients.
- Discover new features, define enhancements, write requirements, prioritise and lead the squad with clear and well-articulated “what based on an inspiring “Why”.
- Work relentlessly to make sure your team is doing the right things, while not spreading too thinly. A healthy balance of innovation, support and maintenance are essential for all successful teams at FindHotel.
- Always be up-to-date on the latest technologies, our tech stack and changes in our industry, especially in the content space. You want to be on the cutting edge of everything you and the squad do.
What a day in the office might look like
For product owners at findhotel.net, no two days are alike. However, this is what an “average” day would look like.
You’ll start your day staring at a dashboard full of metrics and KPIs related to your squad accompanied by a cup of coffee from our highly curated coffee provider. Given that everything is OK and you are satisfied with what you see, you’ll jump on the squad’s daily standup where you’ll sync on the progress towards the sprint commitments. Following up on the items that turned up in the daily standup, you’ll spend some time with your squad members to help them progress and if necessary – “unlock” them.
Before launch, you’ll participate in a meeting, either with all the stakeholders as part of the weekly routine or with other POs and colleagues to sync on the latest cross-company initiative that you’re leading.
After a good lunch, delivered from a different restaurant every day, you’ll spend some time discovering new opportunities with the booking engine based on data and talking to your customers. Maybe you will even play with some SQL to find data you need to make a decision in our data lake. You will be planning your squad’s future endeavours, whether it’s aligning the roadmap, working with Data Analysts or writing detailed requirements.
Oh, if it happened that this day is Friday. You will be joining other colleagues for the evening for drinks, food and hang out (borrel).
Who we are looking for / requirements
- You have BSc or MSc in Computer Science or a technical field.
- You have experience working as a product owner, or similar, in high performing teams that have built and deployed large scale backend services and API.
- You have a successful track record of shipping services and APIs.
- You know how to inspire, motivate and support a team to get things done.
- You know how to work with data, utilise it and when required – get your product to produce it.
- You always strive for clarity and transparency. You are an excellent communicator that can effectively collaborate both with engineers and business stakeholders.
- You know how to influence decision-making at all levels within an organisation and in a variety of contexts.
- You have experience with data-driven product development and worked according to agile methodologies.
- You are passionate about solving problems and able to translate those solutions into requirements that your team can execute on.
Why join now?
- We continue to hire and grow, look at how we not only survived the Corona-crisis but also thrived.
- This year we will be helping +1M customers around the world find better hotel deals, using data, transparency & industry-leading features.
- We are in fast-growth mode and have been growing bookings by +100% YOY for the past two years and plan to continue doing so in the coming years.
- Completing our mission means building an efficient tool users love. Doing that in a market as large and as competitive as online accommodation is a rare opportunity to make an impact in the online world.
Is FindHotel is the right place for you? Find out by reading our CEO’s blog post.
What we offer:
- Plenty of chances to learn and grow – you’ll be surrounded by some of the brightest minds in the city, be part of a culture which values sharing knowledge every day and has a budget to attend conferences and develop yourself.
- A profitable company with fast growth and a great scale opportunity.
- A competitive compensation package + perks and benefits (including Stock Appreciation Rights).
- Flexible time off (take as many holidays as you need) and a chance to work remotely – we measure results, not time spent in the office.
- You will be part of a highly international team in a fun work environment.
- We value good food and offer catered lunches from various cuisines, great coffee, ice-cream in the fridge and the occasional bbq in our garden.