Who We Are
FLOWERBX is the disruptive online start up that represents a new way to buy and send flowers. We are a direct to consumer flower delivery service that sources flowers directly from the growers and delivers them to our customers across 21 countries in Europe and, most recently, New York City, with sites to launch across the US imminently.
FLOWERBX Founder and CEO, Whitney Bromberg Hawkings, started the company in 2015 after working for Tom Ford for almost 2 decades. FLOWERBX has since catered to the fashion cognoscenti and tastemakers across all territories, being dubbed recently by the New York Times as “Fashion’s Florist.”
In 2020 we closed a GBP3 million (USD3.8 m) fundraising round with our focus now on accelerating D2C growth and further US expansion. As well as our unique online offering, we also pride ourselves on our bespoke client services; supplying flowers for international luxury companies such as Dior, Louis Vuitton, Jimmy Choo, Vogue and Farfetch (to name a few), with FLOWERBX’s signature style at the essence of each creation.
This is a pivotal time to join FLOWERBX and make a tangible impact on our growth and expansion. We can only do this with the strongest team full of disruptive, smart, energetic and hard-working talent.
Our Company Culture
At FLOWERBX we believe in exceptional service which transcends all areas of our business. You will be joining a team who have a shared ambition and passion. We believe in transparency and collaboration which creates a unique environment where innovative and entrepreneurial thinking is celebrated. Being a start-up means we are all hands-on, regardless of level, and we work tirelessly towards a common goal, united in success. Get ready to roll up your sleeves!
You may have worked for a larger company but without the chance to really make a difference or impact growth. We are team-orientated and encourage curiosity and input from our employees. This environment requires flexibility, resilience and a work ethic that can respond fluidly to the needs of our customers.
All employees will receive an Apple Mac and have time to relax, connect and brainstorm with the team at our monthly office lunch. You will have a day-off for your birthday, a monthly flower subscription, discounted products, and time off to support your favourite charity.
Our offices and florists are located together so we feel, breathe and live our product regardless of the function. We also offer flexible working. Due to COVID-19, employees currently spend >50% of their work week working from home.
You will join a team of impressive industry leaders who are not just employees but also brand ambassadors who constantly endeavour to spread the word and vision of FLOWERBX.
Reporting to the COO, this person will:
- Develop and own the digital product strategy, that enables FLOWERBX to deliver their 3-year growth vision
- Act as Product Owner for the eCommerce site
- Collaborate cross-functionally with marketing, design and operations
- Create and manage the product roadmap, prioritising the backlog based on company objectives and ROI
- Communicate the product roadmap with the business, ensuring stakeholders are informed of changes and delivery timelines
- Lead a team of 4 offshore developers who support the global websites and platforms / applications
- Manage fortnightly Sprints, setting clear and measurable objectives, and monitoring Sprint performance
- Lead development of new features from concept to launch, leveraging quantitative and qualitative data to improve the online customer experience
- Define and analyse metrics that inform the success of products and new features
- Monitor product performance on an ongoing basis
- Ensure a UX/UI that reflects the FLOWERBX brand and beauty of the physical product
- Be a voice of the customer within the business
- 7+ years’ product management experience, at a high-growth D2C start-up
- Solid understanding of web development, data architecture and UX design principles
- An appreciation for beauty, and an eye for good UX/UI
- Strong people leader, and ideally experience managing developers offshore
- A balance between strong strategic thinking and very hands-on, process-driven approach
- An ability to take ownership, organise and prioritise work, and apply a meticulous attention to detail
- Data-driven decision-making mentality and sound commercial judgment, who uses analytical thinking to assess new products
- Proven success driving key metrics (e.g. acquisition, retention, AOV)
- Strong project manager who can create detailed execution plans for large-scale projects, and deliver them to plan regardless of any surprises or ambiguity along the way
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, who can quickly build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Effective communicator with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
Fluency in SQL, and familiarity with Magento preferred
We look forward to reviewing your application.